Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for the best scope to put on my new pro hunter

jjclausen

I have looked at scopes to put on my new Thompson Pro hunter but cant decide. I have Nikon optics for everything else but looking for some insite on what other people might recomend.

Now, I really don’t want to start anything or open up Pandora’s Box, but understand I grew up in a very buy American city (aka Detroit). I have both Leupold and Bushnell (Elite series) on rifles and muzzleloaders…if (or maybe when) I buy another scope I’ll be hard pressed to not look at the 4200 Elite…When I was convince on a vari x3 for my t/c muzzleloarder, I couldn’t get pass how clear the 4200 was…went with it and would but another…all American companies on your American gun…

Now, I really don’t want to start anything or open up Pandora’s Box, but understand I grew up in a very buy American city (aka Detroit). I have both Leupold and Bushnell (Elite series) on rifles and muzzleloaders…if (or maybe when) I buy another scope I’ll be hard pressed to not look at the 4200 Elite…When I was convince on a vari x3 for my t/c muzzleloarder, I couldn’t get pass how clear the 4200 was…went with it and would but another…all American companies on your American gun…
The 4200 has been given great reviews on other forums and unlike other Detroit businesses, hasn't received a government bailout, to my knowledge.:D

The "BEST"??!?!? OK- Swarovski is a heck of a scope that will be hard to top but gonna run you well over a grand!
I'll second what all others say though and go with Nikon & Leupold for category and price I "THINK" you are getting at. I have a Leupold and bro has a Nikon on our TC's and both are great.
I love my Swarovision Binocs (use year round of course) but could never justify that kinda cash for something I use only a tiny fraction of the year. If it had to do with my BOW, maybe it would be different though :)

I have a Nikon 250 BDC on my Knight Long Range Hunter. I am very pleased with this combination. Tack driving accurate.:)

I have 2 Zeiss 4.5 - 14 x 44"s on a couple of my rifles and they are very good scopes. My TC is topped with a VX-3 Leupold and I have been very happy with it.

When I originally purchased my Pro Hunter, I topped it with the Nikon 3-9BDC and ended up taking it back. While sighting in, the crosshairs would not move when trying to make the necessary clicks for adjustments. I think this was a fluke as I have heard mostly good things about those scopes. And I had a Nikon Monarch on one of my AR's and was very pleased. Not sure what the deal was.

Don't skimp on the optics and you'll never regret it.

In addition to those mentioned above (Nikon, Leupold, Bushnell, Zeiss, & Swarovksi), you should look at the Vortex line of scopes. They will match the Nikon and Leupold in quality, but beat their price. They will give Zeiss and Swarovski a run for their money at a fraction of the price. I've used all of the above brands in either binocular, spotting scope, and/or rifle scope form both for hunting and professionally doing wildlife surveys and they are all top notch, IMO. If you are looking for good quality without breaking the bank, Nikon, Bushnell, and Vortex. If you have the money, Leupold and Zeiss. If money is no object, Swarovski. Good luck!

I've got a Leupold Ultimate Slam on my Omega and like it a lot. I like the fact that the dot's get smaller as the yardages get longer.

Everything we shoot is topped with Leupold and love em all. Tried some others but always came back. Now that's all we use.

I have an Omega and like it a lot. For a muzzy, I will always have some sort of BDC. Takes a lot of guess work out of the 200-250 yard shots.

I have been wanting to get serious about this late muzzleloader hunting... so planning on buying a inline gun soon.... Have been a fan of Nikon optics for a long time... but after a lot of research I am mostly likely going to go with the Vortex line of riflescopes... likely the Diamondback. You CAN'T beat the warranty this company offers... and I can't find anyone who has anything negative to say about them... everyone seems to swear by the quality of these optics....so give them a serious look as well.... :way:

Top Bottom