Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Brothers First

MIman13

Well it all started last spring planting numerous different food plots,spraying round up, and setting up blinds. With the corn and beans starting to turn and the clover and turnips at full flush I planned on taking my little brother out to hopefully shoot his first deer. I could tell he was starting to get pretty excited when i realized night by night a different one of my Drury Brothers DVDs would go missing. We planned on hunting Saturday evening as we are both big fans of sleeping in. :D Around 4 in the afternoon we headed out with our hopes high of atleast seeing a deer. As we came to the corner of a cornfield entering a bean field, we see 3 does right in front of the blind where we were going. After Convincing him not to shot one just yet we slipped into the blind, as the deer ran off I promised they would be back or we would see others. As the hunt went on they fed their way back into the field along with a little spike. They didn't stay for long though before they meandered back into the timber. After about 15 minutes a small doe entered the bean field. As my little brother was keeping himself busy play games on his phone, he walked into the field about 10 yards away. I saw him immediately but he didn't. I quietly tapped him on the shoulder as he looked up and saw him he grabbed his gun right away. The deer was walking away at an angle and got to about 25 yards before I stopped him and he took the shot. The deer was hit hard , he didn't go 30 yards before expiring. After the shot was quite possibly the coolest moment I've ever had in the whitetail woods. Being as how my little brother had not shown much interest in hunting and then to see him get so worked up for his first deer was absolutely awesome. And I got it all on video :grin: Hunter, i am so proud of you and so happy that you are really starting to enjoy the outdoors, and thank you for letting me be there for your special moment of your first whitetail, there will be many more to come I'm sure. Love ya buddy

6154-hunters_first_whitetail.jpg

Awesome story! Congrats to both of you. It appears that you'll be sharing the woods with another hunter from now on!:way:

Brothers don't shake hands.......... brothers hug! :grin:

Congrats guys! I grew up with an older brother and I can tell you that you will look back someday and cherish the memories of time hunting together. Mine lives in Wyoming now and we don't get a chance to hunt together very often anymore.

Top Bottom