Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespassing Ninja near DeSoto

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
If you live near DeSoto and know this Trespassing Ninja that I caught on trail cam video, please let me know. I'm pretty sure this is the guy that stole my stand. It would also appear that he is shotgun hunting deer out of season, so that would make him a Trespassing-Poaching-Thief of a Ninja.. (the worst kind of Ninja)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvZtQ4wCgOA

Thanks for any help you can provide.

This vid is also going to the Taxi in DeSoto and I'll be distributing some still shots around town.

Thanks,
Miles

I tried to stop the vid and do a screen shot but you barely get a profile shot of his face. I'm just hoping somebody can recgonize the hunting get up as it's pretty unique.. I'll try to get some stills up on this thread..

Last edited:
I'd be loading up on hidden cams 8-10' off the ground & keep doing what you're doing- getting the word out. What a cancer to your land & this sport. I hope you nail this guy!!

I'd be loading up on hidden cams 8-10' off the ground & keep doing what you're doing- getting the word out. What a cancer to your land & this sport. I hope you nail this guy!!

I hope you get him too, but I couldn't really see a face on that clip. Is it possible that he is squirrel hunting v. deer hunting? That might explain the shotgun at this time of the year and it looks like he might possibly have a game pouch on with something small, like a squirrel, in it.

If he is squirrel hunting he is way overdoing it, you don't need to sneak on them like that.:rolleyes:

That would actually be kind of scary to witness a dude moving through the timber like that??

I'd say he has to be turkey hunting. That shabby vest he has on has got to be recognizeable.

SCOFFIN said:
This cam requires 3 screw in steps to get to it.. Or one well placed shotgun blast..

Not to hijack but can you share some details on this setup? I am real interested in mounting some cams up high.

I climbed up the tree, screwed the strap to the tree with drywall screws (cuz the tree is huge and the straps wouldn't go all the way around it). I made sure there was some slack in the strap. Put a branch in the top of the cam to make it point down. Took some pic's, checked them in my regular camera to make sure the angle was good and adjusted from there with a bigger or smaller branch diameter.. .

If your camera's have the tripod mount hole in the back or bottom, I've used bow hangers to mount those up high. Drill a hole in the end of the hanger and attach the camera to the hanger with the appropriate bolt/washer combo and go screw it into the tree and you can adjust the angle down with the hanger pivot. I use the Mini EZ hangers for this.. You may have to tighten the hanger pivot bolt so it will hold position better.

There are kits on the web that will run you $30-$40 bucks that do this too, but I think these setup's work just as good and the money you save can go for more camera's..

Looks like fall turkey hunter to me, I would check with landowner to see if he let anyone turkey hunt, that is if you dont own the land. I would check to make sure before I jumped to conclusions. If its your land then fire away.

Top Bottom