Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I pooped my pants.

I always carry 6 squares of paper towels with me during each hunt just for this reason. The worst one I had is when I pulled over in the morning in a ditch and was down there doing my business and a sheriff pulled up beside me. I was about 15 foot below him, drawers around my ankles holding on for dear life on a little willow tree and he was directly behind me with his lights on.

The only thing I could think of is, "yep, he is going to get me for littering!!" He must of knew what was going on because as I ran out of the the truck and grabbed the paper towels, I took a wad off them and layed the whole roll on my back bumper. He must of noticed the roll of paper towels on my back bumper and decided not to check things out any further. Talk about an awkward feeling though LOL.

Also you ever hear of the term SKY DUMP? My buddy has revolutionized that one!!

How do you get your socks off in the squatted position???

Mobile Cooter on IW

In my experience it's the first thing you do when you find your squatting location, unlace the boots and get the socks off ASAP.

I prefer shirt sleeves but recently started packing baby wipes. They are fantastic.

muddy said:
In my experience it's the first thing you do when you find your squatting location, unlace the boots and get the socks off ASAP.

I usually don't have that kind of time.

I think if bent over to take my socks off there would be an involuntary release.

Mobile Cooter on IW

My friends buddy pooped into a big slam bottle up in his tree one day. Said it worked great. That is a heck of a mental image though and sounds quite challenging....

Perhaps Dor will play, i know he has some great personal stories!

Lets here what your lethal combinations are..
Morning hunts are the worst for me. Not sure what it is, but something about drinking a few blue steels the night before, a diet dew, eatin a kwik trip cinnamon roll or breakfast sandwhich, and then climbing a hill or walking a mile at the butt crack of dawn does it to me everytime. Seems like im always deciding between right glove, sock, shirt sleeve or leaves. Usually the 1.99 jersey gloves work pretty good!

One of my buddy's describes it as "Not a simple knocking at the door, but the SWAT team ramming the door "

muddy said:

I prefer shirt sleeves but recently started packing baby wipes. They are fantastic.

Baby wipes are where its at!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using IW

A good cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich from any gas station is sure to give you some issues! Hardest part of it all is making sure you got a good enough lean so you don't accidentally drop a pile all over the back of your pants. Guy my dad works with did it, long cold ride in the back of the truck back to town!

Pretty sad that a thread like this gets more replies than most threads in the trail cam forums

You are far from alone. Last May, I was on a wildfire getting our morning briefing when I gambled on the 50/50. I was so tired fro 16-hour days that it took me a couple of minutes to realize I lost the gamble! It find't help that nobody on the crew had had a solid movement in a week after all the fire camp food. Also found out I was the 2nd or 3rd guy on the crew to crappy myself. Too many close calls while hunting to count!

I think that everyone here can agree that it is very easy to take a gamble and lose. You can usually pinch it before it gets to be too much of an issue.

I have no qualms sharing this story...I don't know any of you.

Still haven't told the wife. Probably won't for a few years if at all.

Top Bottom