Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally, after seven years...

Well, its about damn time! :D I started bow hunting when I was 13 years old. I have missed a few, shot two does, and finally shot my first buck tonight at 4:30. Here's the story...

My roommate, Keaton and I, moved a tree stand over to this one new spot late September. We called it the "Willow tree stand". So this afternoon, we headed out down to the farm. The weather was kinda windy, rainy, and just plan icky out. Kinda a nasty night to be out. On the way down, Keaton and I debated where we wanted to hunt. We both tossed around, my climber, the swamp treestand, and the willow tree stand. Finally, I decided I would sit in the Willow tree stand and he would sit in the swamp tree stand. I get up and settled in the stand around 4:15. I was scanning the area and straight down in front of me was this buck. It was just like shed hunting! I shed to myself, "Man, I think that is an antler." Then I saw him move his head up and down, and I slowly grabbed my bow and clipped my release in. At the time he was about 80 yards away. He started walking right up towards me, I grunt twice, and he can right on up. He got about 15 yards away, broadside, and I let the arrow go. It was a perfect shot. I was super, super pumped. I called my roommate and said, "He's going down! The big one is going down!" He was suppose to meet me at the stand at 5:00, a half hour after I called him. But I got to excited and started looking for blood where I shot him. I couldn't find anything. The arrow didn't even passed through him. I got a little nervous at that point, because there was no blood, no arrow, and a wet woods floor. This was going to be impossible, I thought. So then, I went down and looked over the reeven (sp??) where I last saw him, and there was the white belly! :D

Man, I am still shaking as I write this. Shot him at 15, ran about 90 yards and fell. Rough gross score was exactly 150 even. The G3's where 9.5 inches on both sides. He also had an 18 inch spread. He is a main frame 10 point! I must say, after 7 years, it has been worth the wait! Best of luck to the rest of you this fall! :way:

11647-291189_10150353475802880_503137879_8282989_127464310_o.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom