Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cardinal marsh WMA buck - winneshiek co.

jw_wildfire

Anybody on here bow hunt the cardinal marsh WMA in winneshiek county? I came across a nice 8 pointer dead in the woods that had been gutshot. It looks like it is no older than a few days. I will post pics later today as I am still in the woods. I would love to at least reconnect you with the headgear.........

Possibly the buck I shot Saturday

I actually hunt between there and bluffton, if possible I'd like to take a look at that deer to see if it's the one I shot. I definately gut shot the deer I hit on saturday. How do I get ahold of you?

I actually hunt between there and bluffton, if possible I'd like to take a look at that deer to see if it's the one I shot. I definately gut shot the deer I hit on saturday. How do I get ahold of you?

Personally I think you should describe the deer to him, where you hit it, what side the entrance is, what side the exit is, angle, specifics you can describe of the rack, etc. No offense meant.

Personally I think you should describe the deer to him, where you hit it, what side the entrance is, what side the exit is, angle, specifics you can describe of the rack, etc. No offense meant.

I was thinking the same thing. No offense to you at all, but there are a lot of people that would jump on the opportunity to claim a "found" deer. Always good to provide specifics before you see the buck.

The deer I shot is a main frame 8 point with tiny G4s starting. It has kickers off both G2s, has more than 2 brow tines. The main beams are heavy and grow up instead of out and around. The shot was with him facing to my right, slighty quartering away. The shot was taken from the ground and entered way back. I have this entire hunt on video and would love to compare visuals of the deer. Thanks guys, a description was definately a better idea. I just got excited when I saw this post.....2 full days of tracking and it gets frustrating quick. Especially when I shot him around 4:15 saturday, then it rained all that night......Thanks.

This would be awesome if it is the deer. I don't know exactly where you hunt obviously, but there's a lot of space between Bluffton and Cardinal Marsh.....
Where did jw_wildfire go?

Haney_1919 said:
The deer I shot is a main frame 8 point with tiny G4s starting. It has kickers off both G2s, has more than 2 brow tines. The main beams are heavy and grow up instead of out and around. The shot was with him facing to my right, slighty quartering away. The shot was taken from the ground and entered way back. I have this entire hunt on video and would love to compare visuals of the deer. Thanks guys, a description was definately a better idea. I just got excited when I saw this post.....2 full days of tracking and it gets frustrating quick. Especially when I shot him around 4:15 saturday, then it rained all that night......Thanks.

Sorry guys I have been working in the woods all day. Sorry to say this is definitely not the buck I found. The buck I found doesn't have any of the special things that were described. Its a pretty plain jane 8 pointer, but would probaby score 120 - 130. Very nice looking rack. Not sure if I will post pics. I will wait a little while to see if anybody else has a legit claim.

I spoke to the game warden and the head has been given to one of the wildlife biologists for CWD testing. I should be getting it back after he gets the sample, and like I said, if I can get it to its rightful owner that would be pretty cool. Also, I have a pretty good idea what stand it may have been shot out of, so that could help in identification.

I just got excited when I saw this post.....2 full days of tracking and it gets frustrating quick. Especially when I shot him around 4:15 saturday, then it rained all that night......Thanks.

Good luck to you. Hope you find him. I will keep my eyes open in my travels around that area.

Shoot, I was hoping I'd get lucky! I tell you what, that is truely one of the most honest things I've heard from a deer hunter in a long time. Hopefully the person who shot it will pop up, if not, no big deal. You're doing the right thing getting information out there and taking it to the game warden for testing. If no owner shows up, you've got yourself a great set of rattlin antlers. Thanks again for posting.

Shoot, I was hoping I'd get lucky! I tell you what, that is truely one of the most honest things I've heard from a deer hunter in a long time. Hopefully the person who shot it will pop up, if not, no big deal. You're doing the right thing getting information out there and taking it to the game warden for testing. If no owner shows up, you've got yourself a great set of rattlin antlers. Thanks again for posting.

Hey man thanks for the kind words. I feel for you. I read on here far too often about guys who have shot the buck of their life only to never find it. This one is no monster, but who knows who let the arrow fly, it may have been to them. Again, good luck to you in your search.

DITTO. Hats off to JW. Alot of people would never had said a word.....:way:

True outdoorsman JW. After all the crap you read on here that goes on, it's refreshing to read something positive for a change,

Top Bottom