Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AR surprise

muddy

Wife got me this tonight, all I had to do was pick out the base, scope, and a few misc accessories. Pretty dang happy! DPMS Bull 20 stainless barrel.

2012-01-01202924.jpg

muddy said:
Yotes? That's my post society collapse zombie killer! LOL

LOL that's what nice about ARs many uses. That looks like a long range zombie gun is the 9 and the new scatter gun the short range? :D

My AR is almost done. It's getting a camo paint job it will be done Tuesday.(hopefully) Ordered it 12-16 it's been a tough wait.

Sent using IW app

LOL that's what nice about ARs many uses. That looks like a long range zombie gun is the 9 and the new scatter gun the short range? :D

My AR is almost done. It's getting a camo paint job it will be done Tuesday.(hopefully) Ordered it 12-16 it's been a tough wait.

Sent using IW app

My Benelli with the turkey choke is the medium range, good up to 65 yards with Hevi Shot, Zombies won't stand a chance. They get closer than that and I'll use my samurai sword.

What did you get for a scope and rings? I have a dpms 308 I am still trying to set up. I have all kinds of gift cards now after christmas. Looking to buy them soon.

What did you get for a scope and rings? I have a dpms 308 I am still trying to set up. I have all kinds of gift cards now after christmas. Looking to buy them soon.

Here was my dilemma... I didn't want to "skimp" on the scope but sorta had to because of funds. I only had about $500 to work with and needed a few things aside from the scope so I went with all Burris mounts and scope. Burris makes an all in one AR ring/mount so I went with that, it was $80 and I then went with a Burris Fullfield E1 scope in 3-9x40, that was $200. Burris has 4-12 x 45 or 50 that I may go back into the store and swap out within the week, but that scope was $400, which is pretty rich for my blood. The whole scope mount can pop on and off really easy which is what I wanted because I'd still like to get a tactical red dot.

I'm looking at the EOtech 512 and a vortex magnifier. With a mount so the magnifier can be removed or swing out of the way.

Kinda the best of both worlds. The magnification won't be as strong. But cheaper than buying a scope and mount and a red dot and mount.

Mobile Cooter using IW

I'm looking at the EOtech 512 and a vortex magnifier. With a mount so the magnifier can be removed or swing out of the way.

Kinda the best of both worlds. The magnification won't be as strong. But cheaper than buying a scope and mount and a red dot and mount.

Mobile Cooter using IW

But if you buy both a scope and red dot with mounts you can then justify to buy another gun down the road for that one lonely scope? :way:

I had nearly that same gun (but the 16" barrel vs. the 20" you have) and had the same mount plus a Leupold Mark AR 3-9X scope on it. You picked a great mount if you aren't planning on removing the scope. You need to move the optic foward on an AR, which is exactly what that burris mount does.

IMO, I wouldn't go red dot/magnifier set up on that rifle. You'll want more magnification than 3-5x (what most magnifiers are) for longer range shooting. My feeling is that those set ups are usually used best in CQB type rifles. I have irons/red dot on my AR (16" M4 clone). I'd just go with the scope you have and it should be fine.

My 16" shot sub 1" groups. My only complaint is that it was heavy. Of course with the heavy barrel it's gonna be. But, the accuracy made up for the weight.

Very nice set-up, one like that and and another (maybe just an upper) in 204 are on my short list to add to the arsenal. If you load your own, I would like to hear (or see) how it shoots a 55 grain Vmax under a load of Benchmark or H322. Should make a wicked varmint rig.

Top Bottom