Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone know??

Gladiator

PMA Member
I know this is cheating, but did Bill end up shooting the Double G4 Buck on MW??? Great video, he left me hanging.....dang that's a HUGE buck!!!

I have no clue, but I'd almost put money on that baby being on the ground by the next show airing if it's not already.

I have heard a rumor about what happened, but I am sure that is all it was. So with that said, I am not one for spreading rumors.

Bill never ceases to amaze me, what a class act. Not saying I'd do the same but passing up a chip-shot with the muzzleloader to take a 200" class buck with your bow? All I can say is I hope it works out for him, he deserves it

well regardless I will watch the show anyway....a person can never get enough of seeing that giant :way:

His dad wouldn't give it up the other day. I hope he does. That would top off an unreal season.

On facebook he wrote that wouldnt pics be plastered all over the place if he did.Then he wrote not good!But he could be pulling the old switcharoo.

Reading a couple of his responses on Ask Winke.... I'm thinking he shot and deer jumped the string and missed, hit it in no mans land, or he hit it in the spine and killed it.

Winke is as good as it gets.. Its refreshing reading his articles/answers and watching his videos.

What can you tell me about the Harvest Time arrows I saw in your quiver?

Mike from NY asks:

Mr. Winke, In your last few hunts I noticed you were shooting Harvest Time HT2 arrows. Do you have much experience with these arrows and what do you think of them? Also, what has been your arrow set up for the Jan. 1st and 2nd bowhunts. Are you shooting HT2's 300 spine at 9.1 gpi? I know you like to shoot with a GPI to bow draw weight ratio of between 6-7, but it seems like this particular HT2 (300-9.1gpi) arrow with your 80# draw weight would put you closer to 5. So I am just curious as to what exactly your total arrow weight is with broadhead, fletching, broadhead (125 or 100?), etc.. and where that puts your GPI/bow draw weight for the January 1st and 2nd hunts for the G4 buck. IF is it lower than 6 for these hunts, was there a reason for doing so?

Winke Responds:

Mike, Muddy Outdoors bought Harvest Time. I have been shooting them for a few weeks and really like them. They are very accurate for me. I was reluctant to shoot anything but Easton, so I was slow to really embrace Larry's new arrows, but I have been impressed. I am shooting the 300s. I believe I am more than five grains per pound. I shoot a 125 grain head on a 30 inch arrow. I have not weighed them, but based on my shooting in the yard, they are a bit faster than what I was shooting before, but not a lot faster. So they must be somewhere around the 5.5 grain per pound range. I had already dropped down a bit by going to the N-Fused Axis which is lighter than the FMJ. I continue to have problems with string jumpers for some reason. They haunt me and I am starting to feel that speed is the key to getting them. There may not be a key, actually, other than getting lucky and guessing what a buck may do at the shot. Watch the Monday show and you will know exactly what I mean. Right now if I could shoot 500 fps, I would do it! I don't think you can get a bow quiet enough that an alert or sensitive deer won't hear it. I shot from the inside of a fully insulated (potentially very soundproof blind) and he reacted, so I am thinking that speed is the way to go. I wrote an article for Petersen's Bowhunting last year comparing how various arrow speeds impact how far a buck can drop. For sure, they can still drop, but the faster the arrow, the less they can drop. Best regards. (1-5-12)

Someebody want to post a link for those of us unfamiliar with what ya'll are talkin about. I wanna check it out. Thanks..

Stud buck for sure. I agree with what others have said, really really enjoy his style of production, his low-key approach/delivery, and ability to communicate/educate with his audience. One of the few "pros" I would really like to share some time with.

Scoffin, make sure to watch this whole season of the main show. You will be absolutely amazed at what Bill has taken this year already.

Agree on watching the whole season. He has had a banner year, and if he tops it off with G4 then that is a season dreams are made of. I personally think he killed him probably off camera as the last scene the cameraman can't see the buck. I feel if he wouldn't have shot him he would have shown the ending.

I heard what happens aswell But Im not going to ruin the suprise. Absolutly stud of a buck. Bill has killed more big bucks in 2 years than I will probably ever see. Unreal.

How can a guy have that many World Class Whitetails on 1000 acres is beyond me! I know Prucha is a neighbor, I'm guessing he has to be tied in with other top end hunters or his program would never work... meaning is neighbors would be killing some of his biggest bucks???

Top Bottom