Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

dog collars

beararchery

I know there was a thread about this but don't anyone know of dog collars that can only go so far from the house without getting shocked. I need to keep my dogs close to home.

I've got a buddy with a fence system similar to what you're talking about. He loves it. That's all I know.

Might be what I'm looking for, if you don't have to actually put the fence in. I think i know of one that just has a like a 250ft radar type deal that only let's the dogs go 250ft

We use one for our two dogs and it does very well. It has a base unit and the dogs can get a certain radius away from the base before it beeps and then shocks. The radius is adjustable as is the strength of the shock. Only times we have issues is we don't put on the collars or batteries go dead in the collar. Farm stores and Cabelas carry them.

huntdoc said:
We use one for our two dogs and it does very well. It has a base unit and the dogs can get a certain radius away from the base before it beeps and then shocks. The radius is adjustable as is the strength of the shock. Only times we have issues is we don't put on the collars or batteries go dead in the collar. Farm stores and Cabelas carry them.

Exactly what I'm looking for, what is the name of it?

We also use the radius collars for our two boxers. We leave the base unit in our house so and they have a pretty big area to play outside. We leave them out all day and bring them in at night. We ordered ours online but I just saw them at Scheels in Des Moines. It is called PetSafe instant fence. We get along great with it.

Top Bottom