Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best load for CVA Accura V2

I'm in the process of buying a new V2 but was wondering what the best load is for this gun? I would like to be able to shoot at least 200 Yards. If any one also has thoughts on a good scope for this gun that will be clear at 200 + yards? :eek: Thanks for the Input!!!!!!

I shoot mine with 120 grains of blackhorn 209 and 250 grains Barnes TMZ. It groups very well at 200. Hornady SST and Tc shockwaves both do as well. I prefer the barnes though as i feel its a better bullet and it goes down the barrel tighter than the others. I also have the boackhorn 209 breech plug in my gun.

Zero the gun dead on at 150 yards. It will be 3 inches high at 100 and 3-3.5 inches low at 200. I havent shot further than that yet.

As far as scopes, i use a leupold vari-x II 3x9x40 but the sky is the limit there.

I got my CVA Accura V2 this summer and decided on the Blackhorn 209 at 100 grains with the Hornady SST 250 grain bullet. Opted to sight my gun in at dead-on at 100 yards. This gives me a 5" drop at 150 yards and 11" at 200 yards. I would not personally shoot over 200 yards so this allows me to hold even at the deer's back and put it in the boiler room. I shot my first doe with it during the late season. Shot her at 160 yards... she piled up in less than 50 yards with a good blood trail.

I also have the same Leupold scope on mine as Liv4Rut....

Check out the website.... maxmuzzleloading

Russ Lynch has lots of good data on that site.... he is a big fan of the CVA Accura V2.... :way:

Cornfed,

I to originally sighted mine in with 100 grains of bh209 and dead on at 100yds. I noticed the same drop as you with mine. I then bumped up to 120 grains and now it is 3 inches high at 100, dead on at 150 and 3 inches low at 200 yards. I cant beleive how much difference the 20 grains made and i never had to move my scope. Just wanted to let you know in case you mess with powder charge at all.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the Leupold scope you guys have on your gun is a good one for 200 yards. Theres so many options and price ranges but if the Vari X II for around $300 (i think) is good and clear at 250 yards then that will be good for me.

Top Bottom