Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Honda ATV Electronic Shift

MO-APE

Has anyone out there ever had a Honda ATV with the electronic switch / ES package? I have a 2004 Rancher 450ES and it is acting up and am looking for others who have had problems.

I have had to adjust the clutch on my Foreman ES before...dealer was able to walk me through it. Also, depending on the issues your having, it will act up if your battery is getting weak too.

Im not much help, But I do know if your having troubles with ES on a rancher its only 1 of 4 things. I have a buddy that is a shade tree mechanic on ATVs (mostly hondas) and he's been into/thru everything on a foreman/rancher. What kind of troubles are you having?

Mine won't downshift until it gets really warm. I'm hoping it is just a battery issue. I also read about a few sensors that crap out on them.

Bad angle sensor would be my guess. I will call my buddy later today and run it by him.

I wouldnt think it would be a battery issue if it will go up thru the gears but not down. Maybe a bad downshift button?

bowhuntr311 said:
Bad angle sensor would be my guess. I will call my buddy later today and run it by him.

I wouldnt think it would be a battery issue if it will go up thru the gears but not down. Maybe a bad downshift button?

Thanks a lot for checking with him.

Mo-ape, sorry it took me a while to catch him around his phone. Anyways. He said angle sensor is a pretty good possibility.

Top Bottom