Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thinking about a new pack.

singlecoyote

Proud member of the IBA
I have a couple hundred in cabelas points and am thinking about a new hunting backpack. I have used a smaller camelbak for maybe 8 years. Its been a quality pack but am wanting something with some strapping capabilities. I have added a couple bungies to my old pack but it just doesn't work like I'd like. Any suggestions? Anyone have a Horn Hunter pack?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Thanks fellows. That pack has been out forever, theres got to be something better by now isn't there? Was thinking smaller.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
My brother has the Badlands Super Day and I have the Badlands 2200. I feel that my 2200 is over kill for the whitetail woods unless you are packing in a stand each time you go.

We can comfortably get all our hunting gear as well as the camera gear (tree arm & base) in/on his super day. You won't be dissapointed with a Badlands pack.

I actually just sent my 6 year old 2200 in the other day to have chest strap buckle fixed. They did all the sewing for free and put on new zipper tabs where needed. I just covered shipping.

My brother has the Badlands Super Day and I have the Badlands 2200. I feel that my 2200 is over kill for the whitetail woods unless you are packing in a stand each time you go.

We can comfortably get all our hunting gear as well as the camera gear (tree arm & base) in/on his super day. You won't be dissapointed with a Badlands pack.

I actually just sent my 6 year old 2200 in the other day to have chest strap buckle fixed. They did all the sewing for free and put on new zipper tabs where needed. I just covered shipping.

I agree the 2200 is too big for what I want. I'm looking at the superday and the hornhunter MAQ pack with the quiver. Anything he doesn't like about the superday?

I would get one that is plastic or rubbber coated on the inside. Many are not and the wind can blow odors right out. That is what I always look for 1st, scent control.

I pack a lot of stuff (clothes) in. I looked hard at the 2200 and the bighorn. I bought the badlands sacrifice for $10 more. It's a bigger pack and feels much lighter. It hands down was my best purchase in 2011. After comparing, I would recommend it over the 2200 any day of the week.

Thanks fellows. That pack has been out forever, theres got to be something better by now isn't there? Was thinking smaller.

Have had the 2200 forever. Great all around pack.

Their customer service is great.

They do make smaller packs as mentioned.

I would not hesitate to buy any of their products. They are made

to last.

I was just in my local archery shop talking packs with them and a buddy who is actually looking to replace his Badlands 2200. The shop owner was saying that Badlands was recently bought out by another company (forgot the name) and he's seen quality drop in the last year or two (his perspective). Out here, Eberlestock and Blacks Creek are very popular and both seem to be passing Badlands in popularity, but it depends on what you want and what you want to use it for. I have a Blacks Creek Jim Horn series Candian (now the Mountain Man Canadian or X7 for comparable pack) and it is great. Admittedly, though, western hunting where the need to get as much meat as possible 3+ miles out on the first trip back to your rig is much different than midwestern whitetail hunting where you can typically drive right up to the deer. The former is where Eberlestock and Blacks Creek have the advantage over the Badlands.

I have hte horned hunter, used it all year in the deer woods, like it a lot. I have never used the 2200. The horned hunter is high quality and fits really good, you can strap a lot of clothing to it as well. along with a stand. One thing that sold me was that it was made in the USA. I would buy it again.

I agree the 2200 is too big for what I want. I'm looking at the superday and the hornhunter MAQ pack with the quiver. Anything he doesn't like about the superday?

Can't think of anything he doesn't like about it to tell you the truth, he didn't get to use it much this year because I pretty much stole it from him and I have absolutely no complaints about the pack.

Only thing for me is that if you walk in a long ways it would make my back hot. I know it was extrodinarily warm this year and I get hot very easy so take that for what its worth. A quick look at their website and I saw a few packs that it looked like had some sort of mesh support backing that might breathe better.

Good luck!

I used my dad's superday pack this weekend and it didn't seem much different than my 2200. I actually thought it stuck out further from the side of the tree than the 2200. I think the 2200 is a little longer though.

For my style the 2200 works best for me. I think if I had all my stands pre-hung though I might go with something a little smaller but yet big enough to strap bibs and parka on.

For turkey hunting hauling blinds, decoys etc I think the 2200 would be best.

I have hte horned hunter, used it all year in the deer woods, like it a lot. I have never used the 2200. The horned hunter is high quality and fits really good, you can strap a lot of clothing to it as well. along with a stand. One thing that sold me was that it was made in the USA. I would buy it again.

Thanks, do you know what model it is?

For whitetail hunting, I use a RanchoSafari cat quiver VI.

It will hold everything that you need for a day in the stand as well as having the built in quiver. I hate having a quiver on my bow and always used to take it off when I was hunting, this allows you to do away with it all together. If you are going to use your pack for hunting out west or anything else I would check out the Eberlestock packs.

Top Bottom