Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

whats wrong with people

hotshott2289

Well I was excited to shed hunt and check cams but low and behold some sorry sob beat us to our own farms. Stole our cards out of the cameras too. I'm about fed up with this bs. Its almost not even worth the effort anymore if I'm going to have to put up this bs anymore. Sorry for the rant but there were two bucks over 200 on this farm and I really wanted those sheds badly. I can only hope they are dumb enough to put pics up somewhere online because id like nothing more than to teach them some manners.

Unfortunately thieves and crooks hunt also.... :mad:...... it is a sick feeling to detect intruders on your ground. If you don't live really close to your ground or have someone watching over it for you, it is almost impossible to stop this sort of thing..... hope you get a lead on who the trespassers are violating your ground....

Man, that is frustrating to say the least. That just ticks me off reading it. Hopefully you'll get the chance to confront whoever is responsible.

Me and a buddy just had two cards stole out of our cameras about a week ago. What a bunch of low life's. I would love to have a talk with these fellas!

i guess i need to get creative to figure a way to stop this stuff from happening.. I only wish i wouldve put a virus onto the sd card.. I may have to invest in some cameras that email pictures to me just for trespassing purposes

I don't understand people. It is getting way out of hand. Something needs to happen. That just sucks.

I don't even bother putting up cameras anymore. It's fun and all but the second you find a stand or camera is missing that just ruins it all and puts a sour taste in your mouth for a very long time.

Best thing we ever did was to weld the sections together on our 25 ft ladder stands. I went out once and the ratchet straps were missing off of all 3 of them. They would of taken the stands too if they could have got them apart.

Makes them tough for us to move as well but seeing them still there after those ratchet straps were taken made it all worth it.

I walk by cameras quite a bit on public land & just keep on going. I know what it feels like to have my stuff taken (we all work hard for our things) & would never take another's equipment. Put yourself in the shoes of a fellow hunter heading to his favorite stand for a quick hunt after work to see his only stand & trail camera stolen. We should respect our fellow hunters better than we do.

i guess i need to get creative to figure a way to stop this stuff from happening.. I only wish i wouldve put a virus onto the sd card.. I may have to invest in some cameras that email pictures to me just for trespassing purposes

I tell u what... The BEST thing I did 3 years ago was to invest in a ton of small cameras I take the time to hide up in trees. It's more piece-of-mind than anything I've done before. I got sick of worrying about trespassing and stealing- I set them up & let me worrying go away for the most part. Instead of a 5 acre corn plot- spend that $ one year on a ton of cameras, large GB cards, lithium batteries, etc. Catching folks stealing, poaching & trespassing is unfortunately a job & a little costly BUT so worth it. It also takes some time & effort... You just have to spend the 2 or so hours with your climbing sticks & trimmers securing perfect spots to nail law-breakers. Take the time, spend the money and stop the vast majority of your trouble. Sorry you had to deal with that and good luck nailing these criminals!

thanks for the input. It pretty much took the wind out of my sail to do any shed hunting this weekend, I put some of our bushnell trophy cams up in the trees and left a nice note in a zip-lock baggie incase they decide to come back. I guess i should have known people were snagging sheds off of this farm as we havent found near as many the last two years there. Just another battle to fight i guess.

Makes me sick to hear that. I had 2 cameras stole a year ago wish i couldve found out who did it but never did. On the farms that werent around the home place i carried two sections of step sticks and mounted my cameras up high, was kinda sceptical at first but i found out from that angle you still do get pretty good pics

I had a cam stolen last week. 3 for the year. Nothing is makes me hotter than thieves and trespassers...

stealing another mans stuff is total bull crap. At least they just took your cards if your looking for anything positive they must be trespassers with a conscious

I know the lock boxes are only as tough as the cable around the tree, but i have purchased lock boxes for my cams and welded some angle iron on them to make getting the camera out very difficult. Also buy the heaviest cable and lock that you can find. Knock on wood, I haven't had any theft yet. Costs a little more, but its cheap insurance, I think.

Hotshot

Don't give up on the sheds yet as many deer are still holding and you may still find some good ones on your farm.

Top Bottom