Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Signs

NWBuck

PMA Member
I need to get some ground posted and was wondering what some of you use for signage? Any samples or pics would be appreciated...

NWBuck

I went to shoppers bought some signs the heavier ones, cut up some plywood the same size and glued um to it. When i hung um i just carried my drill with me and put two 3 inch screws in each one. My dad said he wants to hang some that say, no tresspassing! If you step foot on this property you are entering a contract of 5000$ a day for hunting rights and running cost. So if you catch someone on your property you take the guy to civil court and sue. Even if you dont win word would get out and people would not want to deal with your property.

I buy the ones that come in a roll they are made out of the same material as house wrap. They seem to last and keep their color for several years.

We get the ones from the Sheriff's office...I think they say "No Trespassing This Property is registered with the Sherrif's office" or something like that. I then put a "under video surveillance" sign underneath those.

Get some TIP signs (Turn In Poachers)- they are 12 for $10 at the classic or you can mail the $ to their Pella address (I think it's Pella) and they'll mail em to you.

Also- I spend the EXTRA $ and buy METAL signs... You can get METAL- "Under 24 Photo Surveillance" or video surveillance or whatever- they are about 2 feet tall, thick metal. I can get u a link if needed. They are about $20 each BUT they are awesome, let's folks know you monitor with cameras (which I do), last forever and for around $100- you likely could get your entrances or obvious spots covered by these signs.

The rest of the signs, I try and buy something unique- say a red sign or something that's not just the standard $.99 cent walmart No Trespassing sign

We got ours from the farm store in town and screwed them to treated plywood and then mounted. They have lasted quite some time now. I think the next signs will be these....
No_Trespassing_Sign-788555.jpg

Voss signs(look on the internet) good selection and if you desire they can custom make or you can add a custom line"camera surveillance, ect..." if you desire. metal is worth the extra$. yellow with black letters seems to show the best under most situations and color seems long lasting. so far our oldest signs are 5-6 yr old and look good. do not nail solidly to the tree as tree growth will pull the nail through the sign. use large head nails(roofing type). if trees will be harvested use aluminum nails. expect to add nails and rehang signs every few years due to wind and tree growth

I ordered some of the metal signs from the doughtry's(sp) and plan to put them up. They really weren't to far from the price of the vinyl ones I buy that say the following.

No hunting, No trapping,
No fishing, No tresspassing
Violators will be prosecuted

I went to these for it seemed vinyl doesn't weather so well:)

If you put them on posts make sure they aren't easy to be kicked over/removed. One of the areas I post has no fence or power poles or trees along it to attach the signs. The first year I had them up someone was able to get them out of the ground and so the following year I attached them to a steel T post and put it in the ground a good ways and bolted the signs to them. I then took my grease gun and coated the entire backside of the sign and post with grease and haven't lost one since. (freshen the grease up each season) I thought about razor blades glued to the backside of the T post as well but knew that was perhaps asking for trouble:) but I would love to do it:mad:

I am suprised none have been shot yet.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Iowa needs to adopt what Missouri has. Purple paint marking the property line to signify no trespassing. Easy to do hard to remove or vandilize.

Mobile Cooter using IW
:way: I'm a transplanted missourian and had been looking for the requirements for posting property in IA to make it so ya could deal with the prollem legally, first. ;) Purple paint was the best thing to come along in MO IMHO, no denying where the lines start and stop when every tree and fence post is purple. The Tyvek signs in a roll, outdoor carpet/tile adhesive, and treated plywood backing to staple it too has worked well for me in the past. I suppose ya need one every 150' of the property line as well???

i have made a few custom signs, i have a vinyl cutter and can make it say anything you want, or even put images of anything with it. i make them out of thin sheetmetal.

Top Bottom