Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

G5 Montec

mudingbuck

PMA Member
Anyone shooting these broad heads? I shoot a lot through out the hunting season and I want to be able to shot field tips and my broad heads without having to aim differently. I know they advertise field tip accuracy but most are once you sight them in. I am reading reviews they are strong but not sharp. What are your thoughts. I am looking for a good fixed blade broadhead. If this one is no good, which ones are?

Nothing wrong with montecs but I prefer Slick Tricks. 4 blades are wicked nasty and they do fly like your fp's if your bow is tuned.

I have used them for 6 years and they have been very dependable. After they go through a few deer you can touch them up on a flat stone. They are made to easily resharpen.

NAP Hellrazor, Montec, VPA all are solid but unless your tuned nothing will fly lie field points.
Do a search for Broadhead tuning 101 on here, but as far as most forgiving of an untuned now,the tricks rule the roost.

I shoot them and really like them, but again, if tuned, can screw on any often above and shoot well.

I shot them for awhile. They shot well but seemed dull out of box and never left a great bloodtrail. They do fly great though.

I've been using them for years with great success. They fly true and punched through one side of a steel drum and 3/4" through the other side @ 70 LBS. The head was still intact. I shot many other heads into the drum, most broke or were badly damaged, and had very poor penetration. They sell the practice head that's great for the off season. Easy to resharpen. Out of the box they will cut hair off your arm. Go with the carbon steel.

They are very accurate and I shoot them, people complain about the lack of blood trail, but I have never had an issue. Definitely one of the most accurate fixed broadhead I have shot.

Fly great but suck for opening a deer up. I struggled to find alot of deer with them due to lack of a blood trail, and these were shots right through the ribcage getting both lungs. Just not worth it when there are so many other good options out there.

Fly great but suck for opening a deer up. I struggled to find alot of deer with them due to lack of a blood trail, and these were shots right through the ribcage getting both lungs. Just not worth it when there are so many other good options out there.
If you shot a deer through both lungs with a G5 and didn't find it I would say it might be time for a new pair of glasses that deer is only going to run about 80yds at the most.

bloodhoundhandler said:
If you shot a deer through both lungs with a G5 and didn't find it I would say it might be time for a new pair of glasses that deer is only going to run about 80yds at the most.

75 yards was probably more accurate but when there is no blood it still takes time to recover.

I used them a little bit, but i needed to tune them in because they got a little flighty at 50 yards and beyond, I will have plenty of time to get them figured out this summer though

Same here.

I've used them the last 2 years. Fly great but the blood trail is almost zero. Both my deer went down within 80 yards but I'm looking for a different head.

They seem not-so-sharp out of the box because of the way they are beveled but I drove one into the shoulder of a buck that didn't make it 20 yards.

Same here. I really like the broadhead. Fly great and are very durable. Shot several deer with them. HOWEVER, they do not leave a good blood trail even when a great shot is made. I have them razor sharp and for some reason it still makes no difference. I don't understand why, but this year I have switched because of this.
Hope you find one you like.

I love them, all three deer I have shot were double lung, awesome blood trails and went less then 70 yards. They all had easy blood trails to follow. My oldest boy followed two of them.

[FONT=&quot]In my opinion best broad head on the market. I shot a doe right through the ribcage and the bolt stopped in her head no damage to the broad head. Shot with a crossbow at 52 yards.
[/FONT]
IMG_0869.jpg

Top Bottom