Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

throw & gro plot question

tph

i just picked up a couple bags of evolved harvest throw & gro on clearance. this will be the first time trying any kind of a plot. does anybody have any experience with this stuff? im not expecting a perfect plot like you see on tv but i thought it sounded fun to try it out. any tips would be appreciated. thanks

I dont think I've used the Throw and Grow, but, I've used Evolved Harvest's chicory and clover combo with great success. I just rake the leaves and sticks out of the way, spread the seed, press it into the soil with my 4 wheeler tires or lightly rake over it again, and then pass over it with some 13-13-13 fertilizer. Spray some Select on it when the grasses start growing in it

ya i dont know how good its going to be but it will be fun trying it out! hopefully it will at least grow

ya the tag says it is 85% tetraploid ryegrass, 10% rape brassica, 2.5% clover. i guess we will see??

Well, it is better than the alternative I guess.....which is nothing. Could make for a good staging area as well.

ok, finally got the seed out!! used a drag and the atv to make 2 small spots and seeded the throw & gro! i will keep it posted on how it does

checked the plots on saturday and it was comming up! you could see the grass and clover comming in well, now we need another rain on it!

I tried no plow from Wi last year and it came up great, but mainly rye grass. I am goingto have to nue the spot with RU and am going to do a modified DBLT mix (rye, clover, oats). My plot was inside an apple orchard near a opening in a stone, one of my best spots to get daytime buck pics and 4 scrapes in the area

well, i checked the plot today... the rye grass is fairly thick, brassicas are comming well but the clover is hardly there! less than 2 weeks ago!! i think the deer are keeping it nibbled off?!?

Top Bottom