Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land Slobs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowhntin keep up the good work. Don't let all these old guys on here tell you how to act. They all think they own the public land and don't want anyone "pheasant" hunters on "their" public land. They have just as much right as any one to be there.

papajess said:
Bowhntin keep up the good work. Don't let all these old guys on here tell you how to act. They all think they own the public land and don't want anyone "pheasant" hunters on "their" public land. They have just as much right as any one to be there.

Yeah isn't this great...

Guys,

Please do your best to respect the posting rules. There are plenty of other sites that I think this type of "discussion" would fit right in. IW is not one of them.

Thank you :)

Zim said:
Bowhunting, really you need to do everyone a favor and get the hell out of Iowa. Snot nosed kid using your parents computer.

And I was wrong. I am not happy pheasants are gone........I am ecstatic. All it did was result in all the guys with private running to the public and shootin it up, then running back to their private to deer hunt! Because they didn't want to crap up their private. But we're more than happy to crap up public.

RIP birds! :)

I love clowns like you...idiot from Illinois...can't stand behind the whole tree stand situation so you're onto "young kids" and pheasant hunters... I know the pheasant hunters aren't polluting the public land...nor are they leaving there stands in the trees...I guess I've never seen a pheasant hunter in a tree stand :)

bowhntin said:
I know the pheasant hunters aren't polluting the public land...

Yeah I remember picking up every shell I fired or all the lead shot I threw out:rolleyes: :) :)

Mobile Cooter using IW

Cooter said:
Yeah I remember picking up every shell I fired or all the lead shot I threw out:rolleyes: :) :)

Mobile Cooter using IW

I suppose you find all your arrows and fletchings after you shoot also huh? Drive an electric car as well? ;)

I love clowns like you...idiot from Illinois...can't stand behind the whole tree stand situation so you're onto "young kids" and pheasant hunters... I know the pheasant hunters aren't polluting the public land...nor are they leaving there stands in the trees...I guess I've never seen a pheasant hunter in a tree stand :)

This post makes absolute zero sense. Have heard crystal meth labs were a problem in the backwoods.

Kind of odd some here claim I am complaining about pheasants, when I am in fact jubilant. I also never complained about illegal deerstands, merely that I informed the forest service of two. It's their decision what to do with them. I don't care.

bowhntin, You want me to drive back out there and dump all your crap I picked up on the public too? Or is it now polluted by an evil NR? My god, you should be thrilled Iowa limits NR's to 6,000. We have 25,000 from Tennessee, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia & Michigan every fall. You have no idea what over-pressured public is.

Last edited:
I miss the pheasants. I grew up hunting them. I hunted pheasant for almost 15 years before I even went on my first deer hunt.

Used to be you could drive a few gravel roads and shoot your limit just hunting the ditches. Now it's extremely rare to see a pheasant from the road.

Some of my fondest hunting memories are pheasant hunting with my old high school buddies and hunting with my old black lab. Miss him too.

I'm a hardcore deer hunter now but I wouldn't mind being able to hunt some birds once in a while. I'd even sacrifice a blown hunt or two if that were the price of having birds back. Keep in mind a lot of those bird hunters kick the deer up out of the CRP and to some waiting deer hunters stand in the timber.

Last edited:
Speaking of pheasants. I saw 4 hit on the hwy 218 from Iowa City to mount pleasant this morning. I thought that was odd. 3 roosters and 1 hen. I haven't seen any hit in a long time anywhere.

Liv4Rut said:
Speaking of pheasants. I saw 4 hit on the hwy 218 from Iowa City to mount pleasant this morning. I thought that was odd. 3 roosters and 1 hen. I haven't seen any hit in a long time anywhere.

Probably Bowhntin running them down. LOL!!!

Liv4Rut said:

Is it the ones that are left starting to move for spring breeding?

Mobile Cooter using IW

Monsterbuck said:
Probably Bowhntin running them down. LOL!!!

Bowhntin likes pheasants...pry those damn deer hunters tree stands that are still up on the public ground pushing them to the highways ;)

:mad: ya around here there are a ton of deer stands that never ever get taking down off state land !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOESN'T IT SAY IN THE DNR BOOK 10 DAY BEFORE AND 10 DAYS AFTER AFTER THE SEASON ????????????????????? WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY TAKE THEM DOWN ???????????????????????? WHY DON'T THE DNR GET OUT IN THE WOODS AND TAKE THEM DOWN AND PUT THEM ON THERE SPRING SALE ??????????????????????? :mad: HELL RIGHT NOW I CAN TAKE YOU TO 39 STANDS IN FOUR DIFF. COUNTIES THAT HAS NEVER BEEN TAKEN DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put them up well take them down when you should . It's bs i tell our dnr and they don't do any thing around here !!!!! What's the dnr boy's getting paid for ???????

cornhuskers said:
:mad: ya around here there are a ton of deer stands that never ever get taking down off state land !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOESN'T IT SAY IN THE DNR BOOK 10 DAY BEFORE AND 10 DAYS AFTER AFTER THE SEASON ????????????????????? WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY TAKE THEM DOWN ???????????????????????? WHY DON'T THE DNR GET OUT IN THE WOODS AND TAKE THEM DOWN AND PUT THEM ON THERE SPRING SALE ??????????????????????? :mad: HELL RIGHT NOW I CAN TAKE YOU TO 39 STANDS IN FOUR DIFF. COUNTIES THAT HAS NEVER BEEN TAKEN DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, maybe you can explain what this hurts or how you are bothered by it...I realize youre a Nebraska fan so it may be a challenge ;)

wow, havent been here for awhile, proably a reason. as much as we would like to change things--, we cant as long as politicians are involved.do you really think they care about a tree stand left in the woods 10 days past hunting season?, as for other states rules, pretty tough packing in your stand every hunt with gear in the morning, wisconsins success rates got to be crap!but have to be building nice deer as every hunter in the woods have announced his prescence.its simple outdoorsmen, take care of what you have , yourself, your family, our resources, and the oppurtunity to hunt, you never know when any of those things may be taken from you.( life changer)so as you all hash this out, i realize i can only change the things i can change, not politics, opinions of others , just myself, so ill let you all go, i have sheds to find!, ive realized, 1 or 10 of us here cant change the worlds proablems, still we can work on small issues together, just make sure you vote , if you want to make a positive difference on the rest. good luck to you all!

Last edited:
This post is a perfect example of why I don't hang out on here much anymore........good lord........

This post is a perfect example of why I don't hang out on here much anymore........good lord........

I apologize for starting this thread. I didn't expect it to turn into this Non-Resident vs Resident battle that it has turned into for some reason. FYI, I walked by several other set ups....didn't have a problem with them. Ladder steps, or ladder stands used and NO trash anywhere near them, yes they are past the 7 or 10 day mark, but as others have said sometimes there are issues that come up. So I didnt really have a problem with them.

My problem with this is the person is extremely disrespectful. Trash right under the stand and screw in steps is unexceptable. Plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom