Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season

jeezticals

Next Year
I will first apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am totally jazzed about the extended length of youth turkey season to nine days. I was hoping to see it treated like youth deer but I believe this is the next best thing. :way:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I am totally jazzed about the extended length of youth turkey season to nine days. I was hoping to see it treated like youth deer but I believe this is the next best thing. :way:

I too was pleased to see the youth season extended.

Good luck to you and J.D…………….;)

Last edited:
Maybe you should recruit a youth to go during their season.
I have been taking kids including my own for the past ten years. What I don't get is why the extra week all the kids will be in school anyways. I know it sounds bad on my part but I don't like change. In my opinion if the state is that concerned with kids getting to turkey hunt let the youth tag be good all four seasons with an option to buy a fourth season tag.

Another advantage to treating it like the youth deer tag would be if you had several kids that wanted to go you could buy the tags and go when the opportunity was there

Another advantage to treating it like the youth deer tag would be if you had several kids that wanted to go you could buy the tags and go when the opportunity was there

I can agree with that.

The only thing that I like though is the youth have the woods all
to themselves. They should have birds that are not educated yet and
have two weekends to go after them before everyone takes to the fiels.

With the current system last year, three days made it hard to harvest a turkey, and was contingent on the weather as well. I think giving the youth a chance before everyone else is great.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom