Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2012 Trail Cams Choices

Central Iowa

Life Member
What are the current cameras you are buying and what do you think of them? What are the best values and what would be your choice if cost was not a factor (please elaborate why)?

Last edited:
Reconyx all the way for me. Yes they're expensive but you get what you pay for here. Great picture quality, deer just don't seem to see the infrared like they do on my cheaper cams, and most importantly to me the battery life is excellent

Reconyx all the way for me. Yes they're expensive but you get what you pay for here. Great picture quality, deer just don't seem to see the infrared like they do on my cheaper cams, and most importantly to me the battery life is excellent
Same here. Plan on getting another reconyx next week.

Reconyx and Covert for me. I run the Reconyx where i think they are secure and have the highest value to me and now all Coverts elsewhere. I also run Moultries, Bushnell, & Cuddies but want to standardize so i will be having a trail camera clearance sale on all but the Reconyx and Coverts as soon as my new order of Coverts gets here. I have had pretty good luck with all the brands but no doubt the Reconyx is my preffered cam.

WGI x6c. Great camera for money. Small camera running on 8 AA batteries, 6MP daytime pics and it has been very dependable for us. This is where I am putting my money this year.

Loved my M-80's last year. Was torn what to get for some more replacements. Ended up getting some M-80xd's. Spend $ and use lithium batteries, confident theyll last me all through hunting seasons.

Gonna pull cards thursday and get some new 80xd's out and see how they do.

Got em for $135, but i bet theyll come down or be on sale around $120ish by fall.

The redesigned d-55ir may be a decent option around the $100 range. My older d55 impressed me the first year i used it, then had intermitent probs since the second season.

Finally phased out all my stealthcams after 4 years... They all seem to quit working after 2 seasons. No more for me!

There is a spy point camera on camofire right now for the next 3 hours that I have heard good things about if anyone is interested. Reg $399 for $189

Bushnell trophy cam!, ive been a hardcore camera runner for 10+ years, been through almost all of them.. i currently run 15 trophy cams.. with a 2 yr warranty, awesome customer service , and cameras that take awesome pictures, and almost a year long battery life.. for 150-175$ you cant go wrong! and there as simple as it gets to run and switch cards... ( turn off, switch card, turn on, walk away.. )

only negative i have on them, is they still have a little blur on the moving night shots, and the sensitivity should always be set on Low.. trust me, there the best camera out there for the price, no question!

this is now 4 years running bushnells and probably 250,000 pictures talking.

I wouldnt buy the bushnell again. problem with night picture. Thought it was the leds that are not working but I check it and they were working ok. My buddy just had his third bushnell this year. the first two bushnell had problems, had to send it back with warranty.

I have two stealth cams and loving it. good pictures.

Moultrie D55IRxt has been good so far this year. It was $99 at Fleet Farm this last week. Did some testing in the backyard and I am very pleased thus far. Bushnell is probably my favorite but this Moultrie is making a run for first.

I just have a hard time strapping $500 to a tree in the woods. I know u get what you pay for but i also dont want someone else getting what i paid for.

I just have a hard time strapping $500 to a tree in the woods. I know u get what you pay for but i also dont want someone else getting what i paid for.

That's funny! I strap $550.00 cameras to trees so I know what you are saying. Reconyx HC600 is my camera of choice!

I bought some wildgame innovations in walmart in the spring on clearence for 15$ a piece. They seem to take pictures just fine for me.

Reconyx....Seriously??

After reading the recent Bowhunter Mag. article thought I would look at his recommended Reconyx cameras( he uses 30 ). At over $500.00 each are you serious??? Unless you are debt free with yours and your childrens futures paid for and secure, you must be a financial genius to even consider such a move. Don't get me wrong, I love a good product and will pay the price for one. At $500.00 a pop I am shocked that they sell a single camera. Maybe brother Obama will consider game cameras an American Right of Ownership. Until then I will run multiple cameras in the $200 range and feel like a responsible human being.

I know this thread is a little old and everybody probably bought all their cams for this year BUT I recently got a couple of the new Moultrie m-80xd's and they are amazing for the $. Great battery life. Good clear pictures. Awesome for $140. Most of the cheaper cameras have a very long delay, but this one will go all the way down to 5 seconds, which is what I use. Also has a whole bunch of features like plot watcher that I do not use but could be useful.

Top Bottom