Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bear hunt questions?

madplotter

PMA Member
Would really like to consider a bear hunt this summer/fall. Anyone have any suggestions for a non-draw hunt? Never been but really need to start getting some hunts in abroad.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Depends a lot on what you want, how far you are willing to travel and what you are willing to pay. Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan are good bets for a fall hunt. In Canada, the tags are allocated to an outfitter so there is no draw, you just need to find an outfitter who has a tag available. That shouldn't be too hard if you start right away since many of the outfitters are not filling up due to the economy, fuel prices and exchange rate. If you want to stay in the US, your possibilities are very limited for this year.

Here is a good read that will help you a lot:
http://huntinginfo.bowhuntingroad.com/2012/05/21/manitoba-bear-hunting/

I think Ont. is a becoming a trophy bear destination again since the spring season was canceled I believe theres allot less pressure. My 2 cents.

I think Ont. is a becoming a trophy bear destination again since the spring season was canceled I believe theres allot less pressure. My 2 cents.

I think they are shooting more bears but not necessarily bigger ones. Seems like the big guys are a lot harder to get in the fall than in the spring.

Check out Sawtooth Adventures in Idaho. My dad, oldest son and I just got back from a spring hunt and took 3 bear. My son killed a 6' 7" chocolate boar and my dad killed his dream bear, a beautiful blonde boar.

depends on what you are looking for i have killed 7 bears all in NC the largest weight black bear in the world was killed there right at 900 hundred pounds and before anyone says anything look it up you can run dogs for them still hunt spot and stalk or whatever you want to do the tag is over the counter little over a 100 bucks check it out

There are some huge bears in the carolinas. Not many people think to go there for bear hunting though.

I will be going to Nothwest Ontario the last week of August this year. hideawayoutfitters.com is where I am going. They have a great reputation so I am optimistic.

I'd say here,
some absolutely huge bodied (for spring) and 22" plus skull colored (blonde, choc, cinn) killed here this spring by residents.

Top Bottom