Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

'Years Of Giants'- A Look Back

Good stuff man those are some great ones.

I have to say that pimping your own site kinda rubs me the wrong way but it is what it is.

-}}}---------->

If you are gonna call out Chris on this you should do the same to all the other people on here that do it. There is even a very poplular and handsome moderator on here that does the same thing. Nothing wrong with it, they are adding information and entertainment to this site by sharing their links.

Oh ya add another vote to the count, and another i dnt see anything wrong with puttin up a wedsite, its not going to make me stop comming back to this site

Chris,
I'm my opinion ur one hell of a hunter and a very good buddy. I have a pretty good feeling all ur hard work is gonna pay off in a big way soon. Keep up ur tremendous work ethic and thanks for all ur input. Looking very forward to working with u in the near future.
Maybe u can teach me a few things! ;).

O yea add a couple votes for me!!!!

Already read this story on your website and when I saw it here, I read it again. I love the stories with all the history.

Keep posting Chris! There are a hand full of guys on IW that when they start a new thread, I make sure I read them first because I know they will new awesome posts with great stories and pictures.

Bowhuntin1, take a lap around the world bro...and when you are done with that lap, just keep going.

Add a vote for me too!

Chris,

You have great posts and stories and I have visited your website in the past before even knowing you here on IW. I can't wait for your updates and the knowledge that you provide on the forum. Don't let a couple people get under you skin, most of us all understand your passion and there will always be people who want to judge you behind a computer screen in the security of their trailer....I mean home.

I would love to talk deer hunting with you any time. If you are in the Bedford area ever, shoot me a PM.

I never saw the offending post(s) in this thread, but it sounds like I didn't miss anything valuable. So my response here is just going off of the subsequent posts and reactions.

I hope Chris reconsiders his thought about not posting here in the future, I too enjoy his posts and look forward to seeing more. Although I have never met him in person, I think he is the type of young man that is a credit to other hunters and a great resource to others on a site like this one.

That being said, here is some free advice from an older hunter/man/poster(me):grin:...

Don't let the naysayers and neer do wells of this world get you down man. I make it a point to not let myself be manipulated, controlled or influenced, etc, by jerks. I hope Chris reconsiders and if he chooses not to post here in the future, I hope it is for reasons other than some here have been out of line, etc.

Trust me young men, you will never escape the folks in this world that have nothing better to do than to snipe at what you have done or said AND you will be happier in the long run by living your life "above" that claptrap.

I have two boys, 20 and 17, and I have been telling them for years now when they tell me of a problem person in their school, etc, that they need to find a way to deal with those kids when they are young, because they don't go away once you get out of school or anything magic like that. You will find yourself working with them, perhaps living next door to them, egads, even working for them, etc.

I hope you maintain a presence here Chris, but if not, best wishes to you!

skyleralan said:
.... and there will always be people who want to judge you behind a computer screen in the security of their trailer....I mean home.

Or maybe their mother's basement?

Great post Chris! I'm a new member who just joined to say thanks for what you do. Thanks for being a passionate hunter who enjoys sharing his stories with the rest of us. Please keep them coming.

Great post and bucks, Chris. This is exactly why I like visiting this site. There are more of us that appreciate and enjoy reading posts like this than idiots that want to run off at the keyboard. Keep posting and we'll keep reading

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Chris, you keep doin' what your doin'! The more you immerse yourself in this industry you're gonna find haters... that's just the way it is unfortunately. The great thing is, the rewards far out weigh the negatives.

:way:

Chris

I like your post and pics it was just the way you said that you are done posting here and if I wanted to see your great stuff here is my link.

Keep piling on boys nothing like a great gang mentality. :rolleyes:

Mobile Cooter using IW

I never said if you wanted to see my 'great' stuff then here is my website. I said if you want to continue to read my 'posts' then here is my website;

Cooter, also, just so you know (not that its any of your business), I'm not making a dime off of that website. I have a full time job that I love. I am doing the website for fun....because I love to share my experiences with others. I also really enjoy going back and being able to view my season at later dates....someday, when I'm old and can no longer hunt (hopefullly many many years from now), I'll be able to flip back to old IowaWhitetail or TrophyPursuit, or even just flip open my computer, and watch what happened and remember the good times. Another thing.... I have met a lot of great guys/gals over the years, either on this website, or other outdoor related outlets out there of this nature, who are now great friends.

I guess that I'm not completely sure as to what you are getting at? If you don't want to click on a link to a video on my site, then that's fine,....don't. No big deal. I'm sure that there will be someone out there that will want too....the point being though is that they will have the choice. They can read the 'story' here, then watch (or not watch) the video there if wanted.

Also, I just want to say that the response you all have given was very surprising to me....in a good way! I'm not going to lie, it feels good to know that people are enjoying what I'm sharing. I'll continue to post stories and histories.....I was just a little worked up last night, and for that I apologize. BTW, the trail cameras are going out in full force this weekend so expect some updates mid-July. :way:

-Chris

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
So many in the "hunting industry" do a lot of work for "free", out of enjoyment, at no or little profit. A few make a modest living and a incredibly rare few do really well with it. I'm not pointing fingers above or at anyone BUT - the jealousy in our world is intense & far misplaced when targeted at the "outdoor industry".

I don't work in outdoor industry. I dabble with a few things at the end of the day, if I don't make a dime, I'm fully satisfied. How many other areas of life, industries, areas of profit, business, hobbies, etc are there so many people doing so much for "so little"!?!?! Very few. Jealousy & resentment is ramped in hunting & about any other walk of life. If folks understood the folks they are "jealous of" but followed them through out the year, they'd be as humbled as the folks putting in all they do for "little material reward" but great "life fulfillment". It's late, I'm tired BUT slow down folks, enjoy what's here, who's here and what's out there for you.

If not looking to turn a buck props to you. I know most are.

Mobile Cooter using IW

I know this is WAY off topic from the original post, but why does it matter if someone is trying to 'turn a buck' off of something they love to do? People do it all of the time in other 'fields,' so I'm not sure why some are so against those who are trying to make a living doing what they have a strong passion for?

I'm going to explain my situation because I almost feel as if you are calling me out in a sense; I started trophypursuit.com for one reason and one reason only...to produce quality content that people would enjoy. That is what I, along with the other 3 contributors, strive to do in each post we make or video we upload. Whatever happens after that happens. If an opportunity down the road arises from it, then great. If not, no loss. Like I said before, I have a full-time job that I love which supports myself and family, as well as fund a few hobbies.

If someone wants to 'jump' and pursue something they have always wanted to do, no matter what their end goal may be, then hats off to them. I will wish them luck.

Sureshot you owe nobody. Great stuff. You and your friends have alot of talent. You and a few others are the only ones that show your big deer. I've been chasin for 45 years and still learn things about whitetail on here. And your turkey kill with your girlfriend was the best video I have ever watched. Good luck in the future. Its house cleaning time.

i agree whats the big deal if someone happens to make a few bucks from hunting or the outdoors?? is it just jelousy because its someone else and not you? i for one enjoy reading others posts or watching and yes buying videos because it is entertaining and also allows me to see what someone else might be doing different than i am. To each his own but to be petty and argue over something as stupid as someone saying they have a website just tells me you have nothing better to do than pick arguments on a forum..

Top Bottom