Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa NR draw results

Good luck to those of you that applied!! Hopefully my cousins snagged a tag or two.

And if you didnt get a tag, I have a big shotgun group that will have plenty of tags if you can still get a doe tag. Just PM me.

I drew my archery zone 5 tag. With 4 points I should have, but after reading all the stories about some not drawing with 3, still had me checking results!

I drew!!!!!! I got 3 buck tags!!!! I even got 3 buck tags last year too, and the year before that! I must have some luck!?! Read my post on gov tags from a month ago if u want to know why the wait is getting longer and why year after year it will continue to get longer. Count on it.

I drew my archery Zone 4 tag with 3 points.....excited is an understatement! Only downside is my buddy was unsuccessful in Zone 4 with 2 points. Looks like I will be making the drive alone.

My boss just exploded in the office next to me as he found out he drew for zone 1. I don't think he had a pref point either.

Actually the wait is getting shorter. Less NR applied last year than the previous 7 years.

Not really. It looks that way from the numbers but the numbers don't show the guys just buying points. I didn't draw with 2 pts and this has never happened to us before.

Lots of guys buying pts and waiting until they have 3 or 4 and then applying

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityvideoman
Actually the wait is getting shorter. Less NR applied last year than the previous 7 years.

QUOTE= PYBucks
Not really. It looks that way from the numbers but the numbers don't show the guys just buying points. I didn't draw with 2 pts and this has never happened to us before.

Lots of guys buying pts and waiting until they have 3 or 4 and then applying

Yep, I have multiple buddies that all are saying 2 pts, no draw and that never used to happen. The ONLY reason it looks like there's less folks applying is because of the large amount of guys just buying preference points of holding onto points, building them so it's 100% & waiting another year.

My boss just exploded in the office next to me as he found out he drew for zone 1. I don't think he had a pref point either.
Zone 1 is tough hunting from what I have heard. Does he know people up there? I assume so since it is close to SD.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Cooter said:
Why do you think you can't check by name anymore,

-}}}---------->

I'll bite on this. Maybe all the big time tv hunters/the Iowa DNR were getting sick of all the questions being raised about how certain non-residents didn't draw but still got a bow tag every year. As a former non-resident landowner, nothing was more frustrating than getting to hunt your own ground every four years while seeing the Drury/Primos/Realtree/etc crews "draw" year after year. I can't even believe the hoops I have to jump through to establish my residency here for tags and those guys don't have to do jack other than sell highly edited DVDs

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom