Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hot Nuff for ya?

loneranger

Family took a trip out to arizona, in March. Checking temps out there just for the heck of it. Phoenix, is 101'! Lower than DesMoines! Flagstaff,,which I really liked, is 64' right now. No higher than 80' all week. With frequent chances of Monsoonal type rains they usually get. What am I doing in IOWA?

It feels like Death Valley. I do like the fact that my boss has us start work at 5 A.M. so we are finished with outdoor stuff by 1 or 2. Walking in the middle of a corn field is not fun with temps like these.

The relative humidity increasing the heat index is what kills you back in Iowa, if memory serves me correctly. Relative humidity is also a regional thing. I don't miss those 70-80% (or greater) days in Iowa, but when we lived in Tucson, we'd see 105-110 degree days with RHs in the upper 20s (that's HIGH in the desert) and it was comparable to what I remember from back in Iowa on those days. Our "monsoon" (I hate that term) has been pathetic, but I can't complain because we're still getting more rain than you all back in Iowa. We've had enough rain to keep the forest from closing and finally got fire restictions lifted (forest, city, and county), but not quite enough rain to completely reduce the wildfire danger. We were driving around my elk unit yesterday and it could still burn good with a lightning strike or idiot/campfire. I truly feel for you all and hope you get relief soon! If I could even send a day's worth our rains your way, I would!

Everyone will pay for this one! If you eat anything grain fed.........beef,pork,fish! Anything grown in the mid-west! Get ready!!! :mad:

I spent all day in a rendering plant and a boiler room. Definitely hot!! Feels cool outside when you walk out of one of those plants.

Saw a guy cutting silage today. The corn is drying up fast, some fields are so brown it looks like October but there isn't any corn on the cob. Even some of the beans are brown & dropping leaves, most beans are turning yellow that I saw today. Food prices are going to increase severely.

Cruising around the Internet, read the forecast for a place in Northern Colorado. Highs in the 70's. lows in the 40's,,I'm dreamin!

Just got back from a week in CO. Hotter then normal but great compared to this. I about turned around when i got out to fill up the gas tank for the first time in Nebraska.

image-2998747176.jpg

Nope it's like winter...-_-

I know a few people that work at Pella and they said with this heat they can't work all the time because it gets like 120+ degrees in the building.

Last edited:
THA4 said:
ya, this weather is definitely not FAT KID FRIENDLY..... :(

Not just the fat kids lol try like not fat guy friendly lol had a fire training last im a volunteer i was sweating just putting my stuff on lol

Driving back from Rochester, MN. 70 degrees and pouring when we left.

Just north of Ames right now says 92 degrees outside.

Last edited:
Was 108F monday afternoon at my house. And was probably 112F in downtown Ottumwa. Its been around 80F many nights. We have had 40 90F days and 14 days over 100F THIS ABSURD!! Not a drop of rain for 5 weeks

Check out front Range of the colorado rockies,,70s and 40s at night, crisp pine air,,aaahhhh! I know ,I know, it can get hot out there too , and you might have the smell of fires,,but it seems now the heat and fire are here.

Maybe this hot weather and corn damage will finally give farm bureau something else to gripe about other than the deer population

Maybe this hot weather and corn damage will finally give farm bureau something else to gripe about other than the deer population
When yields are drastically reduced by drought and corn is $8/bu, that is the time that crop loss to wildlife really chaps a farmers adz. ;)

Top Bottom