Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another sad drive:

loneranger

I drove back to DesMoines from Ottumwa today, up I-63. To Pella,,corn looks like dry down time in Sept. Completely shot-gone,dead. Once you get near DesMoines,,not so bad. North of I-80,,green. Good shape. Where I reside most of the time,,between Polk city, and Boone,,got 3 hum dinger storms in the past 2 wks. Mowing grass at the park in MUD friday. Yes mud,,in this drought. From my experience,,this is a wet area most every summer. Maybe heat from DesMoines or something? Where my land is in Wapello. Looks like New Mexico. Trees are dropping leaves down there like fall,,from stress. Heat every day,,along with zero rain,,worst I have ever seen, and I thot N-MI was dry. It is,,but not this HOT..

Got .25" at my place yesterday, our first measurable rain in a month. High today is 110 and going to be 107 Saturday and Sunday with up to 105 all next week. Sometimes I don't know why I choose to live in Oklahoma.

Got .25" at my place yesterday, our first measurable rain in a month. High today is 110 and going to be 107 Saturday and Sunday with up to 105 all next week. Sometimes I don't know why I choose to live in Oklahoma.

wait a second.... People actually choose to live in OK???

My neighbor was chopping corn and making sileage yesterday evening. Rain just keeps hitting southern minnesota and wisconsin and the chicago area..

Its really bad. Finding corn that has fired so bad, the stalk is dead, and falling over. Some late plant hasnt even developed ears. What has developed looks like dried up willted popcorn.
Beans look better than corn, but its all looks. Buds have yet to begin to develop pods, and soon will just burn up over night. Another week and everything is gonna be toast.

Top Bottom