Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Early ML

You could do one gun season with early ML (doe tag), but the proposal was that if you hunt early ML that you couldn't get a doe tag for either of the shotgun seasons because of the loophole. Frankly, I'm for it. I hate loopholes.

I heard from a friend of a friend who is friends with a weatherman that this 90s weather is going to last through OCTOBER. I'm a little skeptical of that but who knows really?? If that's the case I won't be sitting at all in October.

cvadave said:
Are they still talking about. If you go early ML, that you will not be able to do Shot gun season 1 or 2.

They changed that this year. If you buy early muzzy you cannot buy any shotgun tags. (excluding landowner)

Page 3 of JNR's link

Hunters who obtain paid early muzzleloader
deer license may not obtain a paid antlerless​
deer license during either shotgun season.

I wasn't sure if this was passed or not. Guess I know now. I'm gonna have some PO'd people buying tags this year. Personally I don't mind. Thanks for posting this...

jjohnson said:
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf

OK so if you look at page 6 on the new antlerless quotas. The non-shaded areas don't have a january season at all???? I thought Branstad was gonna shoot all the proposed changes down again? I think I'm reading it right. If that's the case Saweet......

I read it the same way. November season is gone and unshaded counties have no January season. These are the new regs for this year.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom