Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Most Accurate Muzz

Went to the store three times without coming home with a gun. Im having trouble owning another CVA but think its probably the best.

In the same boat as you I narrowed it to the Triumph and Accura V2. At the end of the day accuracy lays more into if the gun fits you and you are comfortable with it. Confidence is everything. I have a TC Knighthawken that is not break action and I have to use percussion caps which really sucks, but that gun has no accuracy issues at all. My furthest clean kill is 289 yards with it. I feel comfortable with the gun and it really bothers me that I am buying a new one because I love it so much, but It blows a big one to clean, its not break action, those caps are a pain when its in the single digits out. Also if somethign goes wrong and you have to pull a sabot out its so frustrating that I have almost tossed it in the dumpster more than once. If it helps I am getting an Accura V2 after a year and a half of research/shooting/ asking people? It feels so much better shouldered than any other muzzy on the market to me. Its shorter/lighter/and the thumb hole stock is actually made right and it feels like its made for my hand.

Last edited:
You won't be dissappointed with the Accura V2 guaranteed. I never in my life thought I would be shooting a CVA but I tell you what, that company has changed big time. I would recommend buying the BH209 breech plug for it though since the original plug is designed for pellets.

It doesn't look like you are considering going smokeless but if you were, I would add to consider a Remington 700 ML with a McGowen .45 barrel added to it. You could get one for about your budget. They can easily achieve tack driving accuracy with muzzle velocities exceeding 2600 fps.

SOOOOOO I had my mind made up that I was going to buy a V2.. Seriously guys, there is not one negative comment online other than what is stamped on the barrel... CVA.. I still didnt like the feel, but was 100% convinced that the V2 is the best shooting big box store muzz. BUT..

In a weak moment yesterday I ended up buying a used triumph. The guy wanted $350 for the gun, a leupold rifleman 3-9x40 a tub of blackhorn, a box of 777, and about 40 barnes... I couldnt let it go.

Late response... But ill leave one anyways.

Shot many over the last few years, and without a doubt, the Savage 10ml2 came in as my favorite quickly. Replaced my Remington 700 ML, which I really like.

Flat out unreal how it performs, and the accutrigger is a huge help with a ML rifle.

1" groups at 100 easy, and the gun is dying to be zeroed in at 200yd. Granted, I am shooting smokeless...

Shooting 300gr Hornady xtp .452 hollow points with 44 grain of AA powder. This is a low end factory recommended load with the exception of a 300 gr bullet (250 grain recommended).

Gonna try the 250 hornady's this summer and see how far out I can hold grouping. Got several loads with different powders I'd like to try too.

Also, 300gr is definitely more than a whitetail requires, but no need for tracking :way:

Very fun and impressive rifle, although, expensive and getting hard to find.

Really not sure what I'd pick if I didn't have the Savage.

If you want accuracy go with the Omega fully upgraded laminated T-Hole stock or the Savage 10ML its a bolt action inline. Stay away from break action type guns it will introduce poi change poi = point of impact. For myself I shoot a TC Omega fully upgraded it is truly a sub MOA gun with the right setup. I keep hearing so much about the cva accura v2 the only thing appealing about it IMHO is the price & they ask to much for what you get. If you are willing to research - read a bit to get the most for your cash read on. Start here http://randywakeman.com/inline.htm

That has more accurate information on inlines then any site I have ever seen on the web with plenty Testing & some cold hard facts. you will soon learn this is just not a ford vs chevy deal. Wanna see something funny about ford or chevy go to the lots ask em if the vehicles are all made in USA. If they say yes get it in writing. Chances are they will now say as of this year no assembled in usa not made. :D The law can be a tricky thing.

Just got the new Traditions vortek LDR. Put a DOA bushnell scope on it and just got in my spin jag ramrod. Hopefully the 30 inch barrel with help accuracy. I have heard good things. Planning on shooting blackhorn and Harvester Pt Scorpion 300 Grn

I own a t/c omega 50. and a knight disc extreme .45 ...They both drive tacks but the disc is hands down the most accurate gun I have ever shot!

Top Bottom