Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Most Overrated Hunting Personality

I agree with with Cooter and DGorman 100%, so your 100% went to s---

Last edited by a moderator:
Discuss as much as you'd like guys, but please try to keep the profanity out of the postings. Thanks!

I would have to agree with MO-APE Bill Winke is the most under rated guys out there. His shows are very informative and they are actual things you can do on your farm. Gives good tips! Kills Big bucks. Sometimes goes a little to much into detail, but really like his show and his website, check the website all the time!

After working as a sales manager for one of the largest outdoor retailers in the US for a several yrs I got to meet a lot of these people previously named in here. It is amazing how many of them differ. Some would come in to due seminars and not give people the time of day and expect you to cator to their every need and were only there because of a sponsorship. Some on the other hand were there promoting products and truly seemed to enjoy what they did and wanted to bs and were truly genuine. After getting burned out on retail I can still say that I enjoy watching many of the shows with some of the personalities previously mentioned but won't call anyone out. I can honestly say that after joining this website I have learned alot and look at it everyday In Particular Dbltree's Conrner:way:

......And if you want to see the biggest egos in the hunting industry just look at the professional waterfowlers!!!!

I only watch when I am 100% bored and feel like ridicule. I think they all can be summed up in one phrase I heard on a popular show,"Choose your Outfitter wisely",. I don't have an outfitter....

Sure I would love to hunt the places that these guys get the opportunity to but am I jealous, NO. Would I quit my job in a heartbeat to be a PH, HECK YEA. With that said I would STRIVE to be the most grateful and humble hunter I could. Would I succeed? Probably not. Can't please all the people all the time! Someone is always going to have a problem with you, such is life. The vast majority of the people mentioned I have no problem with and that includes what seems to be everybodys public enemy #1, Mr. Stan Potts........heck, I like to watch him cause chances are a good ones going down.

It's all the property these guys hunt that makes or breaks what they kill. God I could tell you some stories about the deer some of these guys wound each season and you never hear about or see! If you only knew....

Whenever I see Stan Pots I always say to myself "see? That's why you don't do coke"
Disclaimer: this opinion is solely that of iabwhntr. It is in no way supported or endorsed by this website.

First off nothing is free... and no I wouldn't take the offer.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Wow, you must really love your job! Say what you want, but i have my doubts you would turn down that opportunity with out hesitation. I love my job and make good $ doing it but I would be gone in a heartbeat if I had a chance hunt for a living and make good $ doing it. I will agree with you that nothing is free. I'm sure their lives are not all glamor and greatness and there is a price to pay for being in that occupation.

It's all the property these guys hunt that makes or breaks what they kill. God I could tell you some stories about the deer some of these guys wound each season and you never hear about or see! If you only knew....

picture.php

Last edited:
I will respectively disagree with you. I can name 3 people in our county, with money, land, and tons of big bucks on their ground, yet they fail to kill a giant every year.

But they all have money and time.......

Maybe I should have said most people that actually have a clue. Those 3 people obviously don't. Anyone that has lots land with tons of big bucks, the $ to invest in the land, and all of the time in world to grow food plots, scout, and hunt all season,etc. and cant seal the deal, suck IMO!

Whenever I see Stan Pots I always say to myself "see? That's why you don't do coke"
Disclaimer: this opinion is solely that of iabwhntr. It is in no way supported or endorsed by this website.

I just about choked to death after reading this - damn funny IABWHNTR:way:

I totally disagree, that is a rash statement to make on behalf of several hundred, maybe even several thousand, people you do not know. FWIW, I actually know a fair number of the people that others have referred to in this post and I am not envious of any of them...or anyone else for that matter. (Well maybe Dbltree. :D)

You are right about the envious comment( that was a poor choice of words on my part). Regardless, I still have trouble believing anyone one here(unless they are already well off financially and have tons of time to hunt) wouldn't take the opportunity to make hunting their occupation, especially if big $ was on the table. If I was set for life financially and could quit my job, then i might turn that opportunity down.

i just laughed so hard i cried!! my coworkers think i'm losing my mind! thanks for that!

$ and time is everything if you want to consistently kill big deer.QUOTE]

Seriously? That is one of the most ignorant statements I have read on here.

OK carry on with the thread....

Yeah I have to agree with you on this one. I know several guys who are no better off than the average American, they have either bought land as a retirement investment or established relationships with farmers and got on good tracts of land. Rich, nope, smart in what they have done to gain land access, absolutely.

Also, I can probably name a handful of guys off the top of my head that put in moderate hours in the tree, mostly through vacation, and whack studs nearly every year. These guys do there homework through studying maps, scouting land, putting in plots, cams etc. they straight up pay attention to deer and their habits and in doing so they can maximize their success in minimal time. I know a lot of guys on this site, most aren't rich and most don't hunt excessively, and there are many who kill studs every year.

Pretty poor statement here. No offense, but all of these guys got started by hunting tracks just like me and you. The difference between you, me, and them is that they killed big deer every year on small tracts and thru success they opened more doors to buy land, hunt quality outfitted grounds, and get paid to hunt for a living. Say what you want but that is fact. I do get tired of seeing these guys pimp products on shows but I get more tired seeing guys bitch about the professional hunters and tell me what they are doing is best.

If you think money, lots of land, and being a good business person makes you a good hunter you are dead wrong.

I still have trouble believing anyone one here(unless they are already well off financially and have tons of time to hunt) wouldn't take the opportunity to make hunting their occupation,

Believe what you want but at this point in my life I wouldn't. Maybe if my 2 young sons were grown up and gone but there is no way I could justify more time on hunting than on them. I also wouldn't want to be the guy with lots of land locked up, growing big bucks. The easy access system here is what I love so much about hunting whitetails or any other big game if I wanted in what is my biased opinion of the greatest place on earth for hunting. The day I become a "pro" is the day I become someone other than I am,...the friend down the road asking for permission on someone else's property over a visit with them. Being a "pro" would seperate me from the guys I see around and swap hunting stories with. I also think it's make me diff't in the eyes of the people I see around town or the school where I work and ask casually and sincerely "any big bucks around your place for me to chase?"

The money thing being responsible for killing big bucks is laughable to me me too, though I do agree that loads of managed land makes it that much simpler.

Does anybody watch growingdeer.tv? I find it pretty informative considering were both from MO. Keeps me up to date on what the deer are doing.

O Gosh Todd, please tell us the stories! If we all only knew!

Then we would all be hardcore WKP fans cause you are " just" like us poor saps who can't kill nothin and don't have no time too.

Also, please do not use the lords name in vain.

Top Bottom