Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did Bonker get banned???

What i disagree with is making a joke out of it and posting pictures of it. I think thats a bad idea... thats all i am saying.........

I posted a pic of a deer fetus I cut out of a doe during the January late antlerless only season one year. The moderator of the website pulled the pic. When I inquired why he was bowing to the PETA pressure, his reply was that he could care less about PETA, it were the people that were on the fence that he was worried about.

So I can kind of see what you are saying.

Gentlemen,
lets do a test??? Since Worlds best cat litter is obviously a sponsor of IowaWhitetail.com see above for the advertisment. Lets contact them and get their opinion and see if they pull their funding from IowaWhitetails.com. Anyone wanna take a bet that they would stop sponsoring the site? Its that simple, and could happen that easily. If Iowa Whitetail looks at a Cat litter company for funding they are obviously struggling to get money coming in to support their web site.... It could be a snowball effect and it would effect all of us as we wouldnt be able to use the site anymore.....Which would suck for all of us...............

kodiak416 said:
DONERIGHT

I dont disagree with you, ferel cats can be a problem, im not disputing that...... I am all for helping control problems that effect our hunting, wethor it be Ferel Cats or Coyotes or Wild Dogs. You and alot of other people on here arent getting what im saying. If you have a ferel cat problem and you catch some in traps fine.... its the nature of the Beast. What i disagree with is making a joke out of it and posting pictures of it. I think thats a bad idea... thats all i am saying.........

You are probably correct and I wasn't trying to rile up one side or the other of this. I was just providing information and my opinion. If the moderators of the site feel it is crossing the line, they will remove it. I like Bonker's posts and enjoy them immensely, but I can see where they could cross that line between humor and bad publicity.

Awesome! :way:

Doneright,
you confused me with your response as well? you respond "Awesome with :way:" to pictures of dead cats and pictures dipicting burying cats in Cement? But your not one one side or the other???? Any chance that you are involved in politics??? Just Curious.......................

Gentlemen,
lets do a test??? Since Worlds best cat litter is obviously a sponsor of IowaWhitetail.com see above for the advertisment. Lets contact them and get their opinion and see if they pull their funding from IowaWhitetails.com. Anyone wanna take a bet that they would stop sponsoring the site? Its that simple, and could happen that easily. If Iowa Whitetail looks at a Cat litter company for funding they are obviously struggling to get money coming in to support their web site.... It could be a snowball effect and it would effect all of us as we wouldnt be able to use the site anymore.....Which would suck for all of us...............
I'm going to disagree about the sponsoring bit. Go to "new posts", scroll down and look at the number of times some of these topics have been viewed. I'm going to say that whatever the sponsors are paying is pretty cheap compared to the exposure they receive on this site. Besides, are there any animal activists on here? I think the people writing the checks know what kind of websites (and the demographic that use them) they give money to. With that being said, I laughed when I saw the concrete truck. Couldn't help it, funny is funny.

I'm going to disagree about the sponsoring bit. Go to "new posts", scroll down and look at the number of times some of these topics have been viewed. I'm going to say that whatever the sponsors are paying is pretty cheap compared to the exposure they receive on this site. Besides, are there any animal activists on here? I think the people writing the checks know what kind of websites (and the demographic that use them) they give money to. With that being said, I laughed when I saw the concrete truck. Couldn't help it, funny is funny.

there we go with the "i think " again... Do you know the deal the website has worked out with the sponsors? how much they get paid? Guranteed amount of exposure, code of ethics being tied to their brand, ect? Or are you jumping on the band wagon of perception is reality! I dont know so i am going to guess and then act like it fact??? Lets do the Pepsi challenge!!! you write the Sponsor and ask them to view this post.. Prove me wrong, Post their response and lets put this thing to bed!!! I'll be waiting for you to post their response.....................

Perception IS reality to the one experiencing it. Example, my perception of Kodiak is that he is a contentious D-bag. Therefore he really is (IMO). See how that works?

Perception IS reality to the one experiencing it. Example, my perception of Kodiak is that he is a contentious D-bag. Therefore he really is (IMO). See how that works?

IABWHNTR
Well played my Friend, great display of ignorance. I cant back up what I say with fact. so I am going to start throwing out insults, because thats what an educated person would do.... Let me guess next your going to threaten to beat me up??? well well um.... you only shoot small deer anyways!!!! IMO IMO HA SHOWED YOU!!!!!

Kodiak, that response was pretty funny. But, I insulted you because were behaving like a moron when I disagreed with your opinion. Lighten up man. If you can't stand someone poking fun at you or taking a stance different from yours you will want to be very careful about what posts you read on here.

there we go with the "i think " again... Do you know the deal the website has worked out with the sponsors? how much they get paid? Guranteed amount of exposure, code of ethics being tied to their brand, ect? Or are you jumping on the band wagon of perception is reality! I dont know so i am going to guess and then act like it fact??? Lets do the Pepsi challenge!!! you write the Sponsor and ask them to view this post.. Prove me wrong, Post their response and lets put this thing to bed!!! I'll be waiting for you to post their response.....................
you're making a whole lotta assumptions yourself bud. how about you enlighten us all with some "facts" to back up everything you know about the sponsors of this website...

iabwhntr
asking someone to back up what they say with facts, then they get upset start throwing out insults and say im a moron??? Lets agree to disagree. Deal? I admit the cat litter thing was a little extreme and it proly wouldnt be good to ask a cat litter company if they support killing cats. I feel comfortable that i have expressed my opinion. So I will let this one die. I'll focus on why I like this sight to viewdeer pics and harvest stories...Good Luck Hunting Everyone......................................

you're making a whole lotta assumptions yourself bud. how about you enlighten us all with some "facts" to back up everything you know about the sponsors of this website...

jmoose,
this is my last response to the subject. I myself was looking to get the facts about this website? you quoted me where i ask a question and claim im making assumptions??? do you want to take the pepsi challenge and contact the sponsor yourself??? If you think my assumption are wrong prove it..... it was my "Opinion" that it could negatively affect the sponsor....someone else said it wouldnt and i asked them to provide facts or truth supporting their statement.....they couldnt and now your made at me??? well "BUD" The only assumption i have made is that bonker looks creepy and I still stand by it IMO...........good night BUD!!!

kodiak416 said:
jmoose,
this is my last response to the subject. I myself was looking to get the facts about this website? you quoted me where i ask a question and claim im making assumptions??? do you want to take the pepsi challenge and contact the sponsor yourself??? If you think my assumption are wrong prove it..... it was my "Opinion" that it could negatively affect the sponsor....someone else said it wouldnt and i asked them to provide facts or truth supporting their statement.....they couldnt and now your made at me??? well "BUD" The only assumption i have made is that bonker looks creepy and I still stand by it IMO...........good night BUD!!!

Man oh man, you guys are fighting over a bunch of cats on IW's forums... I've gotten banned from this site for less...

iabwhntr said:
Kodiak, that response was pretty funny. But, I insulted you because were behaving like a moron when I disagreed with your opinion. Lighten up man. If you can't stand someone poking fun at you or taking a stance different from yours you will want to be very careful about what posts you read on here.

Been banned for name calling-"moron" and are you stirring the pot??

iabwhntr said:

"D-bag" - I've been banned for that

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Much like this thread, it is a pointless debates.

Many years ago I thought the same as Kodiak. When I made posts here on IW I was very very careful not to give anti’s any ammo. I wouldn’t even use the word “kill” in a post for fear it would trigger some kind of massive anti hunting and therefore anti IW back lash. I preferred the more apologetic term “harvest”.

Then around 2003 (the year, not the number of my post) there was a post about using the term “harvest” instead of “kill”. The gist of the post was, and this is from distant memory, it doesn’t matter what you call it, we kill.

It was like an epiphany for me. Why apologize for what we do? I trapped cats, the fur buyer wouldn’t take them so what am I supposed to do with them? Ditch toss ‘em so some child could be traumatized by seeing a pile of cats taking dirt naps?

I dug a hole, I put the dead cats in the hole, I took a picture, I buried them, I poured a concrete slab over them, I posted a pic of them. End of story.

As far as the picture you posted, how did you know it was me? How did you know it wasn’t a pic of a poacher I caught on a trail cam? It is indeed me. If you prefer to think of me as a slob because of the way I was dressed and I was drinking a beer it is because the pic fit your preconceived idea, also known as an assumption, of what a slob is. I’m glad to have obliged your incorrect preconceptions.

BTW, Muddy was right in his assumptions (because he has met me) those are indeed cut off scrubs. I wore that pair for years. I think I cut them off in the 90’s. That is why they are so short . And yes, Muddy was correct on another assumption. I was indeed in “commando” mode. Ahhhh, those were the days.

... And yes, Muddy was correct on another assumption. I was indeed in “commando” mode. Ahhhh, those were the days.

All I have to say is that if you go "commando" this year on the 'ol trap line just be careful with the 220's! :D

Bring on the "Bonker trap cam"!! :way:

Kodiak416 18 posts in your IW.com life and 14 of them are on this thread and stirring the pot. Don't wear out your welcome too soon.

Bonker, I didn't recognize you without a floral camo shirt. What's up? Goin' in disguise?

Agree or disagree, I think its amazing that this Post has had over 4100 view. It seems to be an interesting topic for alot of people. what are the most views that you guys have seen on a thread or post and what was it about?

Top Bottom