Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which TC Muzzleloader should I choose

tailflicker

Hey guys I am looking at getting a new muzzleloader. I have it down to 2.
The TC Triumph Bone Collector $599
And the TC Pro Hunter FX $599

With them being the same price, I've looked at the specs and they are both great guns made by Thompson Center. I THINK the only thing that will influence my choice is how easy each one is to clean..

Any thoughts?

I just bought the pro hunter fx! Camo with satin barrel/ frame and a nikon inline XR BDC300 reticle in matching camo. Wanted this gun for a while... finally snagged it:)

$960 decked out.

I just bought the pro hunter fx! Camo with satin barrel/ frame and a nikon inline XR BDC300 reticle in matching camo. Wanted this gun for a while... finally snagged it:)

$960 decked out.

Funny you say that...Thats exactly waht I am looking at.

I haven't shot it yet... mainly because I just wrote the check last night but also Cuz its raining lol but I have shot a pro hunter that my buddy has..

Sharp gun for sure:)

All the T/C shoot great. My son's cheap Omega shoots just as good as my Encore.

Both love Blackhorn 209 powder and Barnes 250gr TMZ's. I've tried 90-110 grains of the Blackhorn and group size is always under 2" in both guns.

smokeless powder. I only use 42 grains and only drop 5 inches @ 225 yards. I have two friends that clean theirs every other year. I am not that extreme but they are much easier & cleaner to deal with. A base model starts @ about $600. Good Luck!

smokeless powder. I only use 42 grains and only drop 5 inches @ 225 yards. I have two friends that clean theirs every other year. I am not that extreme but they are much easier & cleaner to deal with. A base model starts @ about $600. Good Luck!

I'm not 100% sure, but my next muzzy very well may be the a savage. Love the thoughts of shooting smokeless.

If you want easy to clean I would use blackhorn 209 powder. Powder will influence cleaning greatly. Also BH209 has no shelf life like the others cleans with oil based solvents + much more much like smokeless powders but it's not. As far as gun I would grab the Omega z5 thumbs up on the comment (It shoots as good as The Encore). With load development It will out shoot it due to not being a break action no POI change at hinge pin under recoil. This holds true with most guns thats why the most accurate guns made are bolt action with fixed barrel positions. The least accurate are break action like the shotgun. However it is nice to have a speed breech you can twist out with fingers no tools needed even if all of em are only finger tight anyway. I only remove my plug at end of season to clean it so what's the point is my thinking.:grin: I have the fully upgraded Omega full SS Barrel T-Hole stock Lam wood Cost me around 6 or 700 new. It will sub moa 3 shot groups at 100 yards thats insane & I'm a bad shot even with a rest. I helped a friend setup his 150$ z5 Omega same accuracy. Only thing different is I have SS barrel but is it worth the 4 to 500 more to get it?:( The gun is easy to clean straight shot right down barrel just like the break actions ample room under scope to get rod or tools in there or put in a new primer. So my advice Get what you like if you want the best accuracy it's legal to use in your area & your wallet is that deep by all means go for the Savage 10ML II bolt action. Good luck:way: Gun pic from this past Iowa early season with my doe taken 10/20/2012 Face removed from pic. Makes me feel safer in the woods with all the CVA users lol you never know!
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
Love my TC triumph. Don't bother with the Bone Collector. Got a spin jag and some Blackhorn and some Barnes T-EZ sabots and I'm good to go!

I refuse to purchase aanything that says bone collector on it. All your doing is padding the bone collector crews pocket. You can get the exact same thing without the name a lot cheaper. Pad your own pocket and collect your own bone.

Top Bottom