Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A few on my Hit List

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
Figured I'd share with you all a few I'll be chasing over the next few weeks. Vacation starts Nov 2nd. Can't wait! I put cameras up on 2 new farms 1.5 weeks ago......will post pics of the new guys that show on them. Want to say I've enjoyed following everyones posts this summer, congrats to those who have filled their tags.....and for the rest of you, good luck! It's 'killin time!' :D

6pack (1st yr history)
Cdy00009.jpg

Dallas (History since '08)
Cdy00014_zps36152710.jpg

Rookie (History since '11)
PRMS0103_zpsac91a577.jpg

Awol (history since '11)
AWOL2_zps77460bcd.jpg

Brutus (1st yr history)
1-5.jpg

Shorty (History since '11)
2-6.jpg

K2 (1st yr history)
K23.jpg

PT2 (1st yr history, not sure if I'd shoot him)
11901.jpg

AJ (history since 11)
5-2.jpg

6-4.jpg

WideLoad (history in '10 and now)
5583.jpg

HitchHiker (1st yr history)
4439.jpg

Gimpy (history since 09, will likely walk though)
6496.jpg

Paranoia (history since 2011)
paranoia.jpg

8ball (history since 08)
1414.jpg

Cooter :way: (history since '10)
8273.jpg

No Name (only 1 pic all year)
5030.jpg

Bud Light (History since '11)
Budlight2.jpg

Canuck (history since '11)
Canuck.jpg

Prodigy (history since '11)
384copy.jpg

High Rise (history since '11)
391.jpg

how much ground are these all from? id be lucky to get 1 of those big bucks on our property!

how much ground are these all from? id be lucky to get 1 of those big bucks on our property!

Oh, I don't even know for sure. 3,000 plus acres....3 different counties. Farms range in size from 40 acres to 1,500acres. It takes me all day to run my trail cameras :grin:

Last edited:
Wow that's a fantastic line-up! Good luck getting on any of those boys! I really like cooter, any idea how old he is?

I really like cooter, any idea how old he is?

You know, I'm not completely sure. I'll have to go back through my pictures, but I may actually have photos of that buck since 09. If so, he's likely 6 plus this year. I know that he dwarfs all of the other bucks in body size, but he doesn't have much for headgear. I'll likely have some photos of him hitting a big scrape when I check the cams on Wednesday. I found a big community scrape in a section of timber that I think he's living in.

Looks like Gimpy and Cooter have hit their peaks (or past them). Time to move em on out and make room for more?

Some amazing bucks you have to go after...Prodigy looks like the quintessential 10 if there ever was one.

Looks like Gimpy and Cooter have hit their peaks (or past them). Time to move em on out and make room for more?

Some amazing bucks you have to go after...Prodigy looks like the quintessential 10 if there ever was one.

Cooter is old and going downhill, but he's been a turd all of his life so I'm not losing much with him going 'downhill.'

Gimpy is actually a 4yr old this year. I've been following him since he was 1.5 in 2009. His front right leg is jacked up pretty bad, and when he walks it bends out at a very odd angle. In turn though it's made his front quarters jacked up like a body builder.

Prodigy is a 3 year old this year. Last year he was a good 120inch 2.5yr old 8 point. If he makes it another year, he's going to be a monster. 2 more years and he 'could' be a world class 10. We'll see though....so much can happen between now and then. I've had similar deer that I have high hopes for live to see another year, but not do much in the antler department. These deer sure are hard to figure out.

Here is one of my great up and comers Dunkin. Loves himself and having his face in the camera. :moon: All in good fun:way:

Dunkinpic.jpg

Click pic for video.

Some great deer there. Are you gonna shoot Cooter out of spite?:way:

Last edited:
Oh, I don't even know for sure. 3,000 plus acres....3 different counties. Farms range in size from 40 acres to 1,500acres. It takes me all day to run my trail cameras :grin:

And some of you wonder why you can't find any private ground to hunt! :D

Great looking bucks! Hopefully one of them is hanging on your wall after this season.

And some of you wonder why you can't find any private ground to hunt! :D

All permission gained by knocking on many doors over many years. It's all about building and keeping relationships with landowners. Oh, and lots of miles on my truck too. :way:

Last edited:
Here is one of my great up and comers Dunkin. Loves himself and having his face in the camera. :moon: All in good fun:way:

Dunkinpic.jpg

Click pic for video.

Some great deer there. Are you gonna shoot Cooter out of spite?:way:

Lol, I was waiting for you to respond. I deserve that :D

Top Bottom