Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great EASY food plot!!

antlrs10

For all you guys that dont have available land on your property to plant plots but have tillable ground.....here is a great video on how to collaborate with the farmer to allow for a great foodplot for whitetails! check it out! The Management Advantage also has many other great videos on their website!

https://vimeo.com/49613021

Interesting video, 15 bushel corn...ouch

We had 188 bu on my farm in MN... Sad to hear such a low number

I know ,I am always the downer on not enough rain. but the drought is still on. Interesting how the topic has left the news, now that crop growing season is over, but most areas are down ten to twelve inches for the year. The weather pattern still favors drought conditions as far out as can be seen.

yeah the rains have helped immensely in our area, but we are still behind.....hoping to get some cold weather soon to suppress ehd....we have found several.....

Would it be a waste of time to plant these radishes in harvested bean fields? Or should it just be planted in corn fields?

i'm pretty sure Dbltree had a thread on planting Radish, Turnip, Rape and Winter Rye into standing crops after the first frost. Once they stop growing and start dying for the season planting the off season food plots build the soil, feed the deer and don't compete with the crops. I've tried it the last couple of years, haven't had enough rain. Maybe next year!

Planted my brier ridge mix plot sept 15th in a harvested bean field, stuff just barely emerged and then was done... Needed moisture, everything else should have been optimum conditions

Top Bottom