Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My First AR!

AIRASSAULT

PMA Member
I was going to try to wait until tax-return season to try to purchase one, but, since the poop is really starting to hit the fan, I decided it was now or maybe never. I have a friend who is an FFL dealer as a little side gig from home and was going to order one from him knowing I would have to wait probably several months to get it. I told him what I wanted and luckily he said he had a guy that was looking to sell one because he had three. This one has a 16" barrel and I really wanted a 20", but for the price and the immediate availability, I wasn't going to be too picky. Picked this one up with everything in the pic for $1000. Basically brandnew and supposedly only had 250 rnds through it. I broke it down completely tonight to clean and came to my own conclusion that the guy must have switched the bolt/carriers around with one of his older ones. I've cleaned dozens of differen't M16-A2's and have never seen the inside of the bolt carrier carboned up as much as this one (at least 1/16" thick), so, no way it only had 250 rnds through it. As clean and pristine as the rest of the rifle was, I'd believe how new it was though. It doesn't really matter though because I've got a bunch of old dental pics and scalers that cleaned her right up. It probably took me an hour and a half to get all the carbon out of it. It had to be mis-firing for the other guy.
All things considered, I'm one lucky SOB!! :grin: Can't wait to shoot it! Just need to find some ammo and a good scope.

Here she is:

Rock River Arms
A4 Varmint 5.56 16" Bull

737325_10151330788629609_527566623_o.jpg

That's a sweet looking rig! Post some range pics (or dead yotes, which ever comes first:) )when you get them!

Good looking gun. I just built one very similar to that. I went with the 18" bead blasted barrel, two stage trigger, and A2 buttstock. Great shooting gun. 3/4" group at 100yds shooting black hills 77gr.

Congrats....you have a great gun right there. Hope you have as much fun with yours as I do with mine!

Rock rivers are nice guns. I have the RRA ATH Carbine and just love it. Whatcha gonna put on top of it for optics?

Rock rivers are nice guns. I have the RRA ATH Carbine and just love it. Whatcha gonna put on top of it for optics?

I'm thinking maybe something that is 4.5x14.. I'll be using it probably mostly for yotes, but want the extra magnification for prairie doggin someday. Any recommendations on something that is $400 or less? I have a Leupold VX-III (I think) (3x9) on my .204 and I really like that as far as clarity. It will probably be awhile before I get a scope put on it... This damn tax hike is taking another $100/mo out of my paycheck!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom