Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

AR question.

Ogz

Life Member
I was VERY fortunate to make my first AR purchase right before all this crazyness started and now am trying to get it all set up at the same time as EVERYONE else. I've done a lot of web searching and looking around in general, but would really like to hear the thoughts of those on here who have real world experience. So what does everyone here use for sights and and accessories? I'm setting up a Sig 516 FDE. So far I'm looking at the Magpul angled foregrip, but on the optics end I don't even iknow where to start. I'm torn between a "normal" scope for 'yotes, and something a little meaner looking like an Eotech with a magnifier. Any insight is much appreciated.

congrats on your new toy
I have a little of each on my ar
1x4x32 scope this is quick for up close and farther out, pretty quick on a yote

10x scope for accuracy out to longer distances, hard to get on a running yote

eotech w/3x magnifier I like this because you can get on a running yote fast and you can use the magnifier when he gets out a ways

It is hard to say which one because everyone likes something different, and each setup has its pro and con. hence is why I have the 3

I have an Aimpoint ML2 (might entertain selling) Very good for fast target aquisition, but feel a scope is more suited for a hunting setup.

Nikon makes a few really nice scopes for an AR platformed .223

I just ordered a Daniel Defense and will probably put an Aimpoint on it. I have a DPMS AP4 that I will likely put a Nikon on sometime.

I have an Aimpoint ML2 (might entertain selling) Very good for fast target aquisition, but feel a scope is more suited for a hunting setup.

Nikon makes a few really nice scopes for an AR platformed .223

How do you feel the Aimpoint is at distance. What I mean is does the sight dot block out the target?

I ended up going with a coyote special on my rem R15 but really was impressed with the scope I put on my RRA ACH Carbine. that has a ACOG tritium 4x32with an RMR on top. Red dot for close range and trad scope out to 600meters

I've been looking at the Trijicon lineup but am having a hard time with sticker shock! I know you get what you pay for in optics, but DAMN..... I'm going to have to shoot open sights for a while and save up. That is if I can find enough ammo, but that's another discussion!

When Trijicon is advertising 4X32, is that 4X32 adjustable powers or is it 4 power X 32mm lens? That would be awesome to have that much variance in power

Top Bottom