Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heading up to the Classic this year

Yes women get in free on Friday, get off work early and hangout before the crowds hit. We booked our Bear hunt there last year, and they will be there again this year.

What?

You don't want to wait in a long line of "fanboys" hoping to get a picture with those who are profiting and exploiting Iowa's natural resources?

Kind of how I feel, lots of greed, leasing and displacing locals....it's going to kill our great hunting traditions. I do enjoy competing at the pop up tourney.

Personally, we will have a booth there - long days and Saturday is very, very crowded. But I have to be honest - I spend very little time looking at the large whitetails. To me I really enjoy meeting new people and talking with great friends I don't get a chance to talk to.

I don't get to visit with Nanny that much but love our time there. Dbltree always stops by and somehow we always end up talking about winter wheat and rye. :D Doublerack brings his wife out. Full Quiver's wife always brought us cookies. I get to play guitar for the Sunday church service. Talking with Bill Winke is always a memorable time. Nobody's guaranteed tomorrow...love taking every chance I have to visit with those guys...

How often do you get to do this? I understand it's not for everyone, but you can go and have a good time with supporting the so-called "demise" of our "pasttime."

Hope to see you there - and if IW people need to organize a time/place to get together and put some faces to these screen names, let me know - The Outreach Outdoors booth would love to 'host' something...

Hope to see you there....just my $0.02. :way:

We like to go. You just need to leave the tough guy attitude at home and just go with the flow and be friendly. I am not a crowd person either, but I like to whats new in the outdoor world. We will be there Friday and sunday. I wish there was an Iowa whitetail booth there still so we could get to meet some of the people that make this site work.

I plan on going.

If I'm lucky, my taxi will have my 2012 bow buck completed and I can get an official score done. I know it's busy every year, but I enjoy seeing the booths and the deer mounts.

Is the lumber yard still around?

I believe it is :rolleyes: :D

One of the best weekends of the year. I go to see a bunch of good friends and make some new ones. Check out a couple of the booths, but for the most part just good conversation and a bunch of cold beverages :way:

Measured at everyone of them so have to go again.

This should be another impressive year for whitetails the way it's looking. I've measured 3 Boones so far, (all from along the Missouri River:grin:).

AGS

Allamakee Grand Slam said:
Measured at everyone of them so have to go again.

This should be another impressive year for whitetails the way it's looking. I've measured 3 Boones so far, (all from along the Missouri River:grin:).

AGS

I bet............ ;)

Goin for the first time this year... Probably go down Friday, get our stuff measured, and the girls in for free, then come back Sunday and pick our stuff up.

So where are the hot spots in Des Moines?!?! Cheap cold beer and good looking girls is what I'm looking for..haha

Got a room reserved for me and the wife and kids. Gonna shoot the 300 and maybe the pop up. Always a good time.

Top Bottom