Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Buck with a Recurve bow

Great buck! I can't even imagine how good he looks on your wall and the feeling of accomplishment that you have. It's been a goal of mine for quite some time to switch to the traditional bow full-time.

I actually did it during the 2010 season but never punched a tag that whole year. I was really limited to my shot distances and stuck to it for fear of wounding an animal. In 2011 I didn't have as much time to practice so went back to the wheels to fill the freezer...same for 2012.

If 2013 is better to me, I will have more time to practice and ditch the wheels. I need to find a house that allows me to shoot in the back yard. I feel that the trad bow is much more rewarding and fun to shoot. Sure you are limited some in shot distances, but most shots are 17y or less anyhow.

Sorry for rambling on...great buck! Care to share your equipment specs with us?

Outstanding buck. As a fellow recurve hunter I can appreciate the additional challenge that a recurve poses (i.e. when to draw, distance from animal, length of bow, etc). While I have killed does I have yet to connect with a buck. Congrats on your beautiful buck!

What an accomplishment, much respect for a hunter willing to put in the stand hours and seal the deal with a recurve!

I have a Black Widow PSA III, 57 lbs. I shoot carbon arrows with Zwickey Eskimo broadheads. I just love shooting it. I've been shooting in the house since it's been so cold outside. For the last year, I've shot almost everyday. It's not something that I have to make myself do. I look forward to it. Switching to a recurve made it more fun to shoot AND more fun to hunt. Doe hunting was an absolute blast. I even killed a turkey with it.

Top Bottom