Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for a new farm times running out

chipterp

PMA Member
Sold one of our farms a month ago and were looking for something to buy before our 1031 time to exchange runs out. Haven't found what were looking for with any realtors with stuff currently on the market. Looking at wapello Monroe Davis Lucas for counties. Somewhere around 300-500 acres with good mix of timber and crp/tillable. Just wondered if anyone knew of anything coming up for sale.

Did you check with red haw reality in chariton. I know they had a farm around that size for sale. Monroe. County close to lucas county line and believe it was close to state ground.

If its listed online I've seen it haven't found anything we want yet wanted to see if anyone had any neighbors or friends that they knew of that we're thinking of selling

The wapello 218 looked nice but a guy from Georgia flew up and bought it before we had a chance to even look

Sold one of our farms a month ago and were looking for something to buy before our 1031 time to exchange runs out. Haven't found what were looking for with any realtors with stuff currently on the market. Looking at wapello Monroe Davis Lucas for counties. Somewhere around 300-500 acres with good mix of timber and crp/tillable. Just wondered if anyone knew of anything coming up for sale.
look at SULLIVAN AUCTIONS, there is 2 coming up for sale in DAVIS COUNTY on Feb 27th and 28th, they border each other, could get around 400 acres in both tracts.

Thanks not looking down by cordon if anyone else is there's also a auction of551 acres in 9 tracts on the 18th by Sullivan auctioneers

Thanks not looking down by cordon if anyone else is there's also a auction of551 acres in 9 tracts on the 18th by Sullivan auctioneers

Even though high bidder could possibly buy all tracts - it really sits with me wrong how these auctioneers split up all these nice tracts of land so they supposedly can make a few more dollars. I sure don't dispute their right to do it BUT I personally think it's a shame & greedier than they need to be.

I agree we were going to check it out. When it was 490 acres you might have gotten it bought reasonable but to many people can bid you up a lot higher on little tracts. And I understand their position but 9 tracts really.

Auction is great in high demand areas such as good quality farm parcels. In the case of recreation ground, you might miss potential buyers who are just not going to drive out and attend an auction.

4-5 years back I saw a farm sell for $1000 an acre at auction in Ringgold County simply because no one at the auction was a serious buyer, it cost the seller quite a bit of money.

On the other hand, in NW Iowa some stuff is selling for way higher than it should because two or three neighbors cannot stand seeing the other get it.

Last edited:
I have always wondered why guys auction their land that don't have to, then are upset at the low price they get. It is a serious question , can anybody enlighten me? Recently one piece sold by a guy who refused higher offers by private buyers, only to auction the next week at 300 less an acre:0 he then was upset....

Top Bottom