Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Black Bear Hunting

palex2

Aim small. Miss small.
Every few years I get the opportunity to go up to Ontario and hunt black bears. This August will be my third trip up there and the anticipation is killing me! There's no greater thrill IMO then having a black bear within bow range. My first experience was when I was 11 and have been hooked ever since. Even though I got a little homesick... Bill Hartzell can attest to that ;)

Where we go is on the North Shore of Lake Superior in Nipigon, Ontario. Nipigon River Bear Hunts is the outfitter with guide, Bob Bearman. It's beautiful country and offers great fishing as well as the bear hunting.

Does anyone else get out and chase trophy bruins during the year? Any good stories to share or thoughts/opinions on black bear hunting? Anyone been to Nipigon bear hunting?

http://www.nipigonriverbearhunt.com/

Last edited:
My son Colton, friend Chris and I went to Thadeus Lake, north of Dryden Ontario bowhunting bear for the first last august, and had a blast. When you are sitting on the ground in the thick stuff all bears look huge! Great trip, fish most of the day and bear hunt in the afternoon.

IMG_0142-1.jpg

107_1058.jpg

107_1077.jpg

Last edited:
6x6 said:
My son Colton, friend Chris and I went to Thadeus Lake, north of Dryden Ontario bowhunting bear for the first last august, and had a blast. When you are sitting on the ground in the thick stuff all bears look huge! Great trip, fish most of the day and bear hunt in the afternoon.

Awesome, looks like you guys had a successful trip! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Top Bottom