Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Covert Cameras

eiowaarcher

After struggling this last season with multiple brands of cameras I'm looking for something new. Good quality, very few problems, good battery life, and good price. I stumbled upon Covert and they seem to be just what I'm looking for. Don't know much about then other than the camera descriptions and reviews wrote by consumers. Anybody have any luck with these? Or any other good quality / high reliability camera for around $200? Any advice at this point will help.

After struggling this last season with multiple brands of cameras I'm looking for something new. Good quality, very few problems, good battery life, and good price. I stumbled upon Covert and they seem to be just what I'm looking for. Don't know much about then other than the camera descriptions and reviews wrote by consumers. Anybody have any luck with these? Or any other good quality / high reliability camera for around $200? Any advice at this point will help.

I have only one Covert and I have had it only about 4 months now, but it takes super pics and I have had no issues with it whatsoever. I'll of course know more after it has been in play for a year or so, but it sure seems solid so far.

I bought a covert 3.0 that I bought a couple of years ago. It's a fantastic camera. Doesn't take as good of pics as some of the newer ones, but the battery life is fantastic on only 4 AA. I don't think you can go wrong with these cameras.

I have never used covert so I can't speak for them. But I have a moultree m-100 I got for $140 and I love it great battery life been going all year awesome photos I love the movie option. Great senstivity good bye. Were do you guys buy your coverts I can't find them at stores

Picked up a few covert mp6's. Put one out on christmas day and pulled it a few days ago. It took nearly 12,000 pics in the cold,wind, and snow. Battery display is still showing over half. Daylight pics are great and night pics are pretty good. Around the same picture quality as moultrie m80
Super easy to set up, no problems yet and reasonable on thr wallet. I picked them up for 149.00 I know they can be foumd cheaper though.
My brother bought their flash camera. I think its called the reveal. Talk about the brightest flash you have ever seen if your not expecting it. Pictures are amazing but I do have my doubts about this super flash spooking a few deer.
We have been running a lot of moultrie m80's in the last few years and have had some good and some bad... cuddeback was the same way. Problem after problem until they all went downhill
Sure we will add a few more covert cameras to the pile over the spring and test them all summer and fall. So far so good.

I have been running Coverts for the last couple years. They are awesome cameras and their customer service is second to none. Just picked up another MP6 at the Classic, hard to beat for $100 IMO!

I have been running Coverts for the last couple years. They are awesome cameras and their customer service is second to none. Just picked up another MP6 at the Classic, hard to beat for $100 IMO!

$100! Who is selling them for that? Was that a show special or something that is still available somewhere?

It was a show special, booth was next to MaxxRacks I believe. I got it Friday night so they may have sold out, they even threw in a bag of mineral and a cap with mine. I've never seen them that cheap anywhere so I couldn't resist. Probably should have bought more!

I have 8 of the Covert MP6 cams and really like them. I bought them online at Walnut Creek Archery for $114.99 each. I just looked and they have them listed at that same price currently.

Without a doubt, the best bang for your buck for trail cams.

I have ran covert cameras for five years or better I have also tried others but coverts have never let me down..... a few friends of mine also really like them

LOve the covert camera's, My first DLC 2's just went out on me this year after running them for 7 years,
I run the reveal's, the d 60's , MP 6, Red 40's ( these red 40's are my favorite out of the covert line) Battery life and photo quality is amazing.

The Red 40 was 125.00 at the Classic. I went back Sunday to buy some more and they were sold out.

This company must make better cameras than a couple years ago. I bought 2 DLC coverts and by far the worst camera Ive ever bought. Camera has great battery life, which it needs because youre gonna get half of your pictures with nothing in them. The remaining 45% will be of hind quarters and tails of deer. The 5% pictures that you do get of deer half of those are so blurry you cant tell what kind of buck you are even looking at. Obviously they must have made some improvements but its pretty hard to spend money on a product when you had such bad experiences with them in the past. I gave both cameras to a buddy and he had the same issues.

I'll agree that the coverts are good cameras. Also moultrie are just as good IMO. My coverts has taken lots of pics with just 4 AA, but seem to be worse pics and blurry pics when they get below that 40-50% mark. With that being said were talking thousands of pics before that. Didn't get many pics on my moultrie, but the ones it took were great for a $115 dollar camera. Ebay has cheap cams, but in my expierence, some are defective so beware if you go that route.

This company must make better cameras than a couple years ago. I bought 2 DLC coverts and by far the worst camera Ive ever bought. Camera has great battery life, which it needs because youre gonna get half of your pictures with nothing in them. The remaining 45% will be of hind quarters and tails of deer. The 5% pictures that you do get of deer half of those are so blurry you cant tell what kind of buck you are even looking at. Obviously they must have made some improvements but its pretty hard to spend money on a product when you had such bad experiences with them in the past. I gave both cameras to a buddy and he had the same issues.

I've never heard that problem with the Coverts. What model did you have? Did you adjust the sensor sensitivity? I usually will put them on a 3 shot burst and get at least 2 good photos. I did have those issues with the Moultrie I40 and I60s.

I got them at Scheels sporting goods. DLC Coverts, I do not remember the exact model, 2 cameras came in one package. I adjusted the sensitivity some and it helped a little. The picture quality was very poor unless the animal was 'posing' so to speak. Ill try to post some pictures from that camera when I go back to my parents house and pick up my external hard drive.

Coverts are hands down the best camera on the market, and their customer service is unbeatable. I had pictures of my 2012 buck from June 2011 up til I harvested him (Nov 17th, 2012) on ONE SET OF BATTERIES!!! Never thought I would get TWO seasons of photos on ONE set of batteries. Check em' out at www.covertscoutingcameras.com

Top Bottom