Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lighted nock recommendations???

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, last ? on the arrows I'm getting.... I see many brands. What I'm looking for is:
1) As close to the same grain as regular nock as possible.
2) bullet proof, tough & no issues & simple.
3) One that I can even use over & over- if I want to do some practice with them the week before season.

Which is the best, most durable, battery life, brightest, lightest, etc - what you suggest?!?!?! THX!

Love my Nokturnals. Been using them for a year now and haven't had one go dead yet. No change in flight between them and my regular nocks out to 70 yards.

x2 on the Nockturnals. Love the design. Keep pocket knife handy when using them because the switch can be tricky with no knife.

Agreed, Nocturnals all the way. They come in many different colors for personal preference. I have used green,red, and blue. Green is the brightest IMO.

Alright u guys- I got 18 nocturnals ordered!! I have 18 hunting arrows so they'll all be ready to rock. I do want to practice with some as well to "just make sure" they do fly the same.

Only used Nockturnals this past year and really liked them for ease of use and they turned on every time! I got the blue ones. Liked them for target practice (usually practice in evening), but thought they were a little harder to see when hunting in daylight than the orange Lumenoks I used to use. Switched from Lumenoks because half the time they wouldn't light up in my arrows, or they would light up when they left the string and then shut off when they hit the target or vice versa. Maybe just an issue with the arrows I use, but I would think they should have been better than that. Think you made a good choice!

I guess I never explained why I chose nockturnals over lumenoks and tracers. I first tried lumenoks, junk. First, they use a zip tie to turn on, not my thing. Second, in order to shut them off, you need to back the nock out of the arrow, causing me to loose them while walking into the woods. Tracers are activated by a magnet that attaches to you rises, thus, when the arrow is fired, the nock passes the magnet, which activates the nock. No magnet, no light. No major pros to lumenoks, one major pro to tracers, being they flash after a few seconds, making them much easier to see.

Nockturnals are simple. Install nock, shoot arrow, turn off light, or dont, shoot again.

I used tracers a couple years. Battery life sucked and they are not very durable. I tried the Nockturnals, and though i am not a fan of the way to turn them off, they have great battery life and are very durable. I am buying some more of them this year.

I use nockturnals. I used the red lumenoks for years but I shoot carbon express hunters and found that I has to lightly rough up/etch the inner portion of my arrow shaft in order for the coil to make solid contact. I found them to be super bright, but definitely a PITA. I only shoot nockturnals now

I'm not trying to steer you away from Nockturnals, but ever since they sold out to Rage, I've heard so many bad things about them. It's unreal how many Archery Talk threads there are about people who received them in the mail and they never worked. That's just one of the issues I've seen, but it shows up a lot. All of these nocks had one thing in common... They had the Rage logo at the top right hand corner of the package. I'm not saying don't try them, cause it's clear that alot of people here like them, so I'd say give em a try. If you come across a package of em that was produced before they were bought out by Rage, I would pick em up in a heartbeat. Good luck!!

So, OBVIOUSLY, I'll shoot them once, they won't work or do what they are suppose to do and I'll know right away? I'm buying all my stuff WAY in advance. Here's what I got "ARROW EXPERTS".....
2 Dozen Gold Tip Pro Hunters 55/75 or whatever.
Blazer vanes, bright colors with helical.
18 knockturnals (overkill on how many but I don't care).
I got talked into trying Grim Reaper Whitetail specials so I got 5 packs of those.

70 lbs @ 28" outta my z7. No one is gonna agree on every thing I got but over all- sound ok?

Skip, you new to this whole bowhunting thing or what? :D

Go with what you like and what shoots well for you. That setup will work just fine.

Skip, you new to this whole bowhunting thing or what? :D

Go with what you like and what shoots well for you. That setup will work just fine.

No- I just haven't advanced at all with arrows over 8-10 yrs. my broadheads dont have blood trails I like and it seems a lot of guys thought the small vains had some advantages over my old school vains. So- just doing a little catch up! I get too wrapped up in habitat & hunting itself to keep up with all the gear so I figured it was time to advance from my cave man stuff :)

Top Bottom