Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Covert Cameras

Some of my pics from last season. ENJOY :way:

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG00363.jpg

009_zps5963dc19.jpg

IMAG0101_zps6a8dfed8.jpg

008_zps0e9fb1b2.jpg

hasstyle,
What model covert is that that has the printing the covert symbol in red??? real nice pics.

I love my Coverts. I've had MP6 and Red40 out since July and haven't changed batteries yet. I get very few blank pictures and the trigger speed is very good. I don't think there is a better camera on the market in their price range.

A couple of my favorites from last year

IMAG0467.jpg

facebook_604669431jpg.jpg

moultries d40s, d50s
scoutguards sg550s
bushnell trophy cam

I ended up spending the money and getting reconyx hc500s and hc600s with lithiums and never miss a picture of an animal.no wind pics, or sun pics, no white outs, no black pics.
batteries life amazing.

I had problems With the first one I obought it took water and I sent it back to them they sent me a brand-new model still in the package fantastic service

I picked up a covert mp6 the other day and did a little test in the yard. The picture quality, color, detail, etc was exceptional. In fact it was better than the my black flash bushnell I had set right beside it. It snapped a pic in almost the same exact spot (distance) as the bushnell when walking straight at it. The video was remarkably crisp and clear. Some of best I have seen from a camera.

The only neg I found was when I walked from the side it seemed to snap the picture to fast. Some times all it would get would be part of my leg stepping into the frame. I had it set on normal so maybe putting down to a lower sensitivity level would help with that.

Anybody else that runs these cams have any similar problems or suggestions for setting it up.

On the MP6 The sensor is pretty hairy! I would go into the settings and turn your sensor to Low or normal if it is not already ...this should fix that problem and still be plenty fast to catch any critters:) Any other questions dont be afraid to ask!

I picked up a covert mp6 the other day and did a little test in the yard. The picture quality, color, detail, etc was exceptional. In fact it was better than the my black flash bushnell I had set right beside it. It snapped a pic in almost the same exact spot (distance) as the bushnell when walking straight at it. The video was remarkably crisp and clear. Some of best I have seen from a camera.

The only neg I found was when I walked from the side it seemed to snap the picture to fast. Some times all it would get would be part of my leg stepping into the frame. I had it set on normal so maybe putting down to a lower sensitivity level would help with that.

Anybody else that runs these cams have any similar problems or suggestions for setting it up.

Hawk, according to Covert their sensors are set a bit wider than their lens can cover. The description I got was they wanted to make sure they did not miss any animals but you also will get some bare pictures. I have run coverts for 5 years and the new ones are their best. I modify each of my Coverts by putting a thin strip (approx 1/4" - 3/8") of black electrical tape on the outer edges of the sensor, thus narrowing its field of view. I also run them all on a 2 or 3 picture burst to make sure i get a good look at what comes by. By narrowing the IR sensor I almost always get at least one or two good pictures.

The coverts also seem to have a very high sensitivity sensor so you can get a lot of pics of trees and grass moving. I leave my sensitivity level set at low all year and it will limit the "landscape" pics considerably. One other issue can be the small threaded nut on the bottom if you use a screw in holder like an E-Z aim. you have to be careful of not tightening down to tight which pulls the nut off the cam. A covert on an E-Z aim tucked up against a tree is almost invisible!

Overall I have been very happy with the Coverts and I am in the process of converting to only Coverts and Reconix cams.

Thats great info, thanks. I plan on getting a few more after seeing how this one operates in the field.

Reconyx cams

I'll second this. Had messed around for way too long with Cuddebacks and other cheap cams. Thought the Bushnells might be a compromise, as I know people who like them. But for me Reconyx are well worth the cost due primarily to their reliability. Only trouble is when one gets stolen.....its much more painful!!

moultries d40s, d50s
scoutguards sg550s
bushnell trophy cam

I ended up spending the money and getting reconyx hc500s and hc600s with lithiums and never miss a picture of an animal.no wind pics, or sun pics, no white outs, no black pics.
batteries life amazing.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful reviews. Just ordered two of the mp6 coverts, even though I didn't catch the sale they gave me the sale price on them.

Top Bottom