Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hannah's first bird.

Every year since she was 8 I've asked her if she wanted to go hunting. And every year her response was "No thanks". I always let her know that all she has to do is ask and we are going.
End of last summer out of the blue she says to me. "I'm ready to go hunting. Can I take the hunter safety course?" Of course, I got her signed up. she took the class, I took her out shooting a couple of times. and we were ready for the season.
Every night the Dinner table turned into a bunch of trash talking between her and her older brother, how she was going to shoot a bigger turkey than him.
Saturday morning I woke to the howling wind. but nothing was going to stop us from going. We got our blind staked down and waited for day light. Her first hunt did not last long, at 7:06am 2 hens came in, pulling this gobbler. Just like a pro, she put the lead to him.

She is thirteen now and growing up way to fast. I didn't think she was ever going to take to hunting, but now I think she is hooked.
On the way home she asked, "So when is deer season?" :)

4578-ht.jpg

Congratulations Hanna. Looks like a dandy bird.That memory will last forever for you and Dad.So nice to see the new young people be active in this game

That. Is. AWESOME!!!

You have to be walking on air right now and I'm sure Hannah is right beside you!

I congratulate you on not over pressuring your daughter to start hunting, it can be a hard thing for us dads that love to hunt ourselves to not push our kids too hard that way if they are indifferent. It was easy with my older son, as he wanted to go with me it seemed like from birth, my youngest...just like your daughter, not too interested until one day the light bulb went on. Since then though he has been unstoppable and many great family memories have been made with both boys.

Congrats to your daughter, that is nice bird! :way:

Top Bottom