Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Today's Bird

Jake

This is a special bird, not my biggest, but a 25' 11" beard one spur was 1.5" the other was broke off at about .5 A year ago I had a brain tumor removed and was only able to muster up enough strength to go for one morning. I had a long recovery. I was unable to go Wednesday because I had a follow up in Iowa City. At my check up I found out I have to have another small procedure next Thursday, so I probably won't get much 4th season hunting in. Anyway, the hunt yesterday, I went out heard some gobbles off the roost. Oh, I forgot to mention as a result of the brain tumor, I lost all of my hearing in my left ear, so I have no idea on directions as far as hearing goes. I saw five hens and no toms and had to quit to get to work. This morning it was windy I got settled into the blind about 5:30 didn't hear any gobbling. I started calling and about 6:10 I heard a gobble. I looked and saw some birds working there way into the field about 250 yds away. I grabbed my slate call cluck a few times, this guy noticed my Pretty Boy decoy and can in full strut at a pretty quick pace. As well as enjoying the hunt, I would tell everyone, if you have both ears and mobility to get into the woods, don't take it for granted! I dropped him at 21 steps otherwise I think he would have taken Pretty Boy down! I don't remember how to post a pic, but will send when I figure it out!

You deserve him man.Congratulations!!! Wish you all the best,and your right about getting out there.If you can do it, Do it.We all take things for granted. You are an inspiration.

Top Bottom