Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A or B and why?

JRudd

Aim small miss small.
This is a screenshot off my phone.. second time I've seen this pic and several different answers. Thought I'd share on here and see where everyone stands, just for fun..
picture.php

Last edited:
"A" is too high, and a little too far back. "A" is a little to close to the spine if the deer ducks a little and too far back if the animal goes forward. "B" is the better choice, but not exactly where I would aim.

Why these two choices?

I would actually aim right where the "B" is rather than either green dot. A is too high and B is too close to the shoulder for me.

I choose b. room for error if the deer drops but the deer is walking so it give a little room for error that way also a is also a good double lung shot of he was standing still I would not hesitate to aim a little higher towards the a to ensure a quicker kill.

sent from super hunters I phone

I aim for B.. more room for error if he ducks. If he doesnt duck, then it looks to me like you have a heart/low lung hit whereas A would be lung only and if he ducks at all, you may likely be screwed.. as far as actual shot placement though, id be happy with either.. I should say that I would probably aim for A on a steep angle treestand shot

Don't shoot he's only a 3 year old LOL. Seriously I aim just to the right side of dot A shooting down from a treestand getting the top of one lung and bottom of the other with him standing still

A leaves the most room for operator error. At 26 yards he's not ducking the string unless he's staring right at you. B is just too tight to the shoulder although its where I usually aim.

A is hands down the best all around choice given the parameters of the shot.

this is what I like about this picture, a variety of different opinions and preferences! I personally would take "A" and aim to the right couple inches and down 4 inches putting my arrow right in the middle of the two options, plenty of room for error if he jumps the string, and a dead buck within 100 yards:way:

Keep em comin!

I should aim for B though in the heat of the moment I would probably forget and aim for A (center body mass) and wish I hadn't. Anyone who doesn't think a deer will drop at the shot at 26 yards is shooting a bow that is a whole lot quieter &/or faster than any I've ever seen or used. I've had them drop to my crossbow at less than that. Admittedly it is a noisy SOB, but it is also very fast.

I'm drawn to the "crease" or "pocket" behind the leg, so I would be aiming more at the B area than A.

I would aim for in between but would take an A hit over a B hit. High lung shots in my experience will go down in sight....heart shots can make it a distance....either way it is a dead deer though

A gives you a little more room for error but B would be a better hit IMO. From "B" ... go inch left and inch up and that's where I would let it fly. I have hit a couple deer in that high area after they drop a little and have had terrible results from that hit.

I'm with JRudd on this one.

this is what I like about this picture, a variety of different opinions and preferences! I personally would take "A" and aim to the right couple inches and down 4 inches putting my arrow right in the middle of the two options, plenty of room for error if he jumps the string, and a dead buck within 100 yards:way:

If we have to choose one of those two points, from where that picture was taken (ground level) I go with B. If I'm in a tree, I'd go for A. Ideal would be smack dab between the two points.

Top Bottom