Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help planting Egyptian Wheat

tmiler

picture.php
picture.php
This Appanoose County farm is new to me and a work in progress and also my first time with EW. It will be at least August before I have any equipment there but one of my first projects was to get an 8 x 550 ft strip of EW planted. I've sprayed it and cut the existing growth. I've got the seed and some 46-0-0. My planting plans have fallen through and I'm perplexed what to do now to get it planted which I'd like to do very soon. Just broadcast the seed and fert on the strip of dead grass, there is some bare soil? Drag and broadcast? Do I need to hire someone to work the soil? I'm basically limited to hand tools, my truck, and anything I can rent unless I can find someone in the area to hire. Any help greatly appreciated.

Till the soil...broadcast and spread will work...then drag or drive over the seed with cultipacker or ATV tires!

If I need to till, what is the recommended preparation without any heavy equipment? Garden tiller? This field has been in an alfalfa/grass mix for a few years so the ground hasn't been worked. Would I need to till the entire path or just a few rows?

Top Bottom