Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree rats

Bowhunting for squirrels is great fun, I tend not to do it too much though because I don't want to booger our timber before deer season. Stalking them and getting good shots off at them on the ground is good practice for still hunting too.

I've shot two. On one of them, I had the great idea of shooting him out of a tree with a broadhead. Never found that arrow.

I have thought about shooting some of those barking squirrels a time or two, especially when they're climbing up/down on the next tree, but then I always think it will be too much trouble to retrieve my arrow.

Some of the best practice in the world. As well as an abundant resource.
Don't let false assumptions keep you from having fun in the woods during the fall.

It is a blast. Hunting timber rats is fun and a great way to hone your hunting skills with rifle or bow. With a bow, even more fun early and very challenging. I would like to put some flu-flu arrows together for shooting into the tree just for funs but never done it. Maybe Boyd or someone else have some advice for fletching up some flu-flu's or maybe better suggestions, hint hint...

I used some old NAP expandables and head shot them on the ground only. I have used judo points but the muzzy sx-g look like the cats meow...

The nice thing about the old expandables was if you hit them in the forehead, only 1 or 2 blades would catch and cause the arrow to spin sideways and stop in short distance...

Last edited:
Top Bottom