Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ever forgot where you put a cam?

SEMN

OK, my hunting has been giving me crap lately because from time to time i will forget where i put a cam or stand, It doesnt happen often but it does happen. Last Nov 12 i put out a cam on a farm we hunt sparingly and kind of forgot about it. I just happen to walk by it the other day while checking for a tree for late rut stand, and low and behold, theres a camera. It was like christmas.
Please tell me im not the only one who hads done this...Stories anyone?
Mike

Earlier this spring, I decided to take a break from running cameras, been running them year around for the last 5 years. Once I had them "all" in the house, I took a count and thought that I was one short.

It took me awhile to figure out which one it was, a Bushnell Trophycam in a metal security box with a python cable. Still didn't remember exactly where I put it, so I took a walk. Luckily spotted the cable on the tree then it was like "Oh yeah, I remember hanging it there....."

And that was the second time I "lost" a camera.....:confused:

I have never "lost" a camera but i have misplaced a few stands... Last weekend my dad did call me and ask me where we put out a camera a few weeks ago. He knew the general location but a Bushnell Trophy cam can be awfully hard to find this time of year if you do not know the exact tree. 20 minutes of navigation over the phone and he found it!

This just reminded me that I let a buddy my lone wolf climber and 2 cams last fall... I need those back.

Yes, I have done this a handful of times. Normally it is the ones I put out around early summer then don't check again until mid summer. Everything has greened up and grown and not only is it hard to remember, but hard to see!

I guess I should have said temporarily misplaced(for 8.5 months) instead of lost...lol. I always end up finding them, eventually. Now i keep a running tally/log in the "Notes" section of my iphone and everytime i move a stand or cam, i update it. No more temporarily misplaced cams or stands for this guy....as long as i dont loose my phone i guess...lol

I misplaced a camera a time or two myself. If you have an iPhone there's a a great app called iSolunar that's worth every penny You can mark all your cameras, tree stands, blood trails etc. on a map and never lose your way again.:way:

I've misplaced one a time or two for a couple weeks. Usually never any longer unless its the end of the season and I simply don't get out to get them. When running 8-10 cams its tough to keep track of them. Last about a month after the end of the season (late muzzy) I went out and found one that I simply forgot to pick up. Couple of pretty good bucks on there I hadn't seen all season.

I misplaced a camera a time or two myself. If you have an iPhone there's a a great app called iSolunar that's worth every penny You can mark all your cameras, tree stands, blood trails etc. on a map and never lose your way again.:way:

How much is the in app price for the maps

What's the price for the in app purchase of the maps.

Never lost one but I have forgot about them so I bought a fancy GPS and now mark way points where all my stands and camera are.

sent from super hunters I phone

I thought this thread was funny until this morning. I just realized I have no idea where I left an old original model reconyx, with the big handles on both sides. Goes thru batteries a lot faster than the models from the last few years and the deer seem to really look at the red light at night, so its one that goes to risky or out of the way spots and left for awhile. Last I remember it was hanging on a tree, in what is now a cornfield, last December. Going for a long walk now, if its not there, I'll be having to do a lot more walking.

How about put out a camera and getting all excited to go check it come to find out you forgot to turn it on.

Same here LOL , heck I have to write down where they all are anymore

That makes 3 of us.. i followed my dad into a ravine a few weeks back and hung 2 cams on a creek crossing.. it took me until 3 days ago to remember where them 2 went. Oh well, checkin them in 2 weeks (duck season next weekend) hehe

Top Bottom