Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cell Phone Charge

SEIowaDeerslayer

Needing some advice regarding keeping a cell phone charged on those super cold all day sits. In the past on cold days, my cell phone usually likes to poop out on me around 11am, I get a couple of more hours if the weather is warmer...which is just unacceptable for the all day sits. I use a GPS to get so some of my spots which drains the battery and can't give that up. So...looking for some options as far as how to stay connected all day. Options I've considered so far:

1.) Buy extra batteries for phone. Replace with a charged battery once the battery dies.
2.) Buy a portable charger.

I know these are both good options just curious to see what everyone else does I guess.

Other than the two you mentioned. Try keeping it warm by putting it deep in your clothes. Or just shut it off for a couple hours at a time. Turn it on to check the time, check for texts/missed calls etc. If it's a smart phone, turn off your gps, bluetooth and data. That will save quite a bit.

I typically keep my phone in an inside pocket to take advantage of body heat. The cold really can drain the battery. Also, poor reception seems to drain it faster as well. If you have an iphone, they make an otterbox case that has an auxillary battery. Maybe other phones have them too.

I use a Anker 13000mAh portable off of Amazon. Works amazing. It will fully charge my iphone 4 or so times. 2 separate usb slots and an emergency led light on it. I do have a portable coleman solar charger but I am not sure if the deer would like the glare off of it. :)

That one is pretty sweet with the ability to read the SD cards. It is only 3000mAh so I would assume you might get a single charge to an iphone with it. Should be plenty for a one day hunt though.

I have a couple spare batteries and just bought two portable chargers from nomorerack.com and those work awesome.. i pretty much browse all day long on all day sits

Needing some advice regarding keeping a cell phone charged on those super cold all day sits. In the past on cold days, my cell phone usually likes to poop out on me around 11am, I get a couple of more hours if the weather is warmer...which is just unacceptable for the all day sits. I use a GPS to get so some of my spots which drains the battery and can't give that up. So...looking for some options as far as how to stay connected all day. Options I've considered so far:

1.) Buy extra batteries for phone. Replace with a charged battery once the battery dies.
2.) Buy a portable charger.

I know these are both good options just curious to see what everyone else does I guess.

What kind of phone? I have an HTC EVO 4g that died in 2 hours after charging.. I bought two extended batteries off eBay and a charger for 9.99 and one battery lasts all day.

Anker E5 should work with iphone. Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh Portable Ultra-High Density High Capacity External Battery Backup Charger for iPhone 5 (Apple adapters not included)

you just need whatever adapter you have at home. If you have a computer USB cord to whatever small end that goes in phone you put the big USB in anker and other end in phone.

yes it works on android. It essentially comes with a main wire with a bunch of different fittings for everything out there.

I have the INcredicharge I-10 - about $20 and has built in cord to recharge my phone. Holds enough juice to recharge phone several times.

Top Bottom