Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New camo!

iKill_Bucks

Looking to buy new camo. Was thinking to go with the under armour cold gear - pants jacket and gloves. Also thought about the scent blocker trinity technology. Give me your input on what I should get. Looking for maximum comfort, quiet and warm camo. Thanks!

I upgraded from scent blocker to Under Armour last year, and will never look back. I went all out and bought the UA Rut pants and jacket, and also bought all scent control accessories (Base layers, gloves, face mask, hat and beanie) I love it gives you plenty of protection from the cold and isn't terribly bulky to wear. I usually wear base layers with UA early season pants to the stand, and pack in the jacket and pants to keep from breaking a sweat. Also picked up the UA scent control hoodie from bass pro which has come in more useful than the jacket so far this fall. Only downfall I've found is the fleece material that seems to be a magnet to every burr and thorn in the timber, but well worth cleaning off the pant legs to be comfortable in the stand!

I upgraded from scent blocker to Under Armour last year, and will never look back. I went all out and bought the UA Rut pants and jacket, and also bought all scent control accessories (Base layers, gloves, face mask, hat and beanie) I love it gives you plenty of protection from the cold and isn't terribly bulky to wear. I usually wear base layers with UA early season pants to the stand, and pack in the jacket and pants to keep from breaking a sweat. Also picked up the UA scent control hoodie from bass pro which has come in more useful than the jacket so far this fall. Only downfall I've found is the fleece material that seems to be a magnet to every burr and thorn in the timber, but well worth cleaning off the pant legs to be comfortable in the stand!

Would you recommend the rut gear over the cold gear?

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I also purchased the UA Rut coat and pants. Its incredible and I love it. Definitely worth the money. Comfortable, practicle for bowhunting, quiet, everything you want. My only negative is that I would not use it for anything 20 degrees or below that but I will wear this setup anytime I can. Its great.

When its super cold though, I've never been let down by my cabelas mt050 whitetail extreme coat and bibs. I've never been cold and hunted some nasty late season north wind snowy days. Never fails me. Im sure there is other stuff that is as good but I've never had reason to buy anything else. Simply the best in my opinion.

This is probably just the fact that everyone is made different but I had the UA base layer and it sucked for me. Didn't help whatsoever in fact maybe made it colder for me. Tried the first lite merino wool and that made a world of difference in a good way. Would never buy a base layer from UA again.

I can't comment on the UA pants/bibs/jackets ... I actually just sold a few things and have an order in from Gray Wolf Woolens for bibs and will be adding a jacket here eventually. Good luck with whatever you choose.

UA also makes a newer under layer, but I can't remember the name at the moment! It's Black with scent control and when I felt it seemed like a decently thick merino wool type material! It's again a little pricey for the top and bottom, but might be the ticket for the extra layers if you get cold easily. I wore my UA rut pants and jacket last year during late season, and never really got cold. Yet again I'm pretty warm blooded and only wear UA glove liners all season with hand warmers. Hope you enjoy the UA pants and jacket bud!!!

I am a sensitive 90's kind of guy and UA really irritated my skin; switched to
merino wool and have no such problems. I wear the tops from Nov. on for hunting, work and play. Another plus is that it retains absolutely no odor.

I actually look forward to bad weather when wearing my sitka gear its fun knowing you will be comfortable regardless of cold, rain, sleet or snow. As some one with little body fat (or muscle mass) I need dry and warm gear...sitka does it for me.

Top Bottom