Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2013 KS Buck

cjgarrett

The 2013 season has taken its toll on me! I have been hunting hard for months now and just could get ahead of the deer i was really hoping to harvest. I have several pictures of him but he has ran me ragged! I decided to move on to another location and actually had an incredible hunt on Nov. 8th. I saw multiple shooter bucks and for the first time EVER, i missed a buck! The deer i missed is a buck i was very familiar with and had actually never seen on the hoof.

picture.php

This is the buck that i missed...

Fast forward a few weeks, i finally gathered myself again and decided to make the late rut push. I started running cameras again only to find another buck i was very familiar with had moved in and taken residence in one of my favorite areas to hunt. I actually started getting pictures of him daily in the same location i shot my buck last year. After 4 days of daylight pictures, morning and evening, i decided i better go sit yesterday morning and try my luck. Just like clock work, he came walking through at 7:25. Quartering away shot, 28 yards and he ran 125 yards after impact.

I am really happy with this buck! He will not score much due to short tines but he was an old legend on the farm. We have always called him the "big 7". Last year and the year before he was actually a 5 pointer with the same frame! This year he has 12 score-able points but he is only a main frame 8.

picture.php

Thanks guys! I am happy with him. I will post a few trail camera pictures when i get a chance. He is a goofy looking critter on the hoof!

Top Bottom