Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mt. lion killed in Northwest Iowa

That's about 45 mins from where I grew up...Isn't the first, definitely won't be the last. I wonder if there was any idea the cat was around before the first sighting. Especially this time of year with no leaves on trees and snowy back ground. THanks for sharing

Pretty cool story that surfaced this weekend. I think you're right KG, won't be the last. Would love to see one of those critters walk by me in the stand... That'll raise some hair on your back!! Cool story.

Necessary, because no mr lions live near people....really

Not sure if that's sarcasm or if you really believe that.

Would love to see one of those critters walk by me in the stand... That'll raise some hair on your back!! Cool story.

Having stood less than 30' across a dry creek bed from an upset one once, I can promise you that it will more than raise hair on your back. It could cause a lump in the back of your drawers or a sudden wet sensation in the front of them! :D

I find it funny reading the comments to all of the different news stories about the "heartless" killing of this beautiful cat. Most of those bunny huggers would shart down their leg if they understood the strength and killing power of a 150# cat! My uncle used to raise these things and I can tell you, nothing will make your hair stand up like watching one of those things go into stalk mode when a small child walks anywhere near their enclosure. He gave the big male a bowling ball to play with and he batted that thing around like it was styro-foam! I hope to see one in the wild in my lifetime, I just hope its in range! :D

I came upon one in Montana once. 20 yards and I startled it. That was a bit nerve racking

There are so many responses from all over the place that are off-base in that article. Guess the IA DNR introduced a non-native species, in a residential neighborhood from some of those responses I read.

Then the same said DNR kill it...what a waste of resources and money :D

Top Bottom